Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

^yup those are sweet. While on the topic of white's, I cleaned up my roughouts. Still have to have another go at the sole.

6726388091_927501cfa7_z.jpg

so my friend...what you gonna use to clean those soles?

need to clean the ones of my Yuketen as well!...love´em clean and fresh! ;)

Any of you fine gentlemen know where to get engineer boots MTO? (Except bakers wesco).

Much obliged.

How MTO are you looking for? A custom last? Probably no one.

But if you want lots of choices of features and personal attention go to Zip Stevenson. He can make your boots how you want them in almost every conceivable way. I'm actually having him make me a pair right now.

not seen much of all things tricker's on here for a while, but some of you might be interested in what sierra trading post have to offer.

a number of non-standard models (possibly from mto runs for individual retailers) - the burford in espresso scotch grain is a beauty.

SITESHOW112 (in caps, damn this wretched site) for 25% off and free shipping in the usa.

Edited by CrashTestBrummie

What's the detAils on those Ray?

I went with black leather (his standard leather is oil tanned, much like the older Sears models used), brass buckles, no celsatic or reinforcement in the toes, standard welt, green rolled leather top, and green O'sullivan half soles.

There is certainly more to choose from, but I went fairly standard because of the odd colored soles.

just posted these Semi Dress boots in the supermarket. size 10D. i really do love them, but since i ride a motorcycle the leather soles don't work.

5797809788_f5a1ede4ba_z.jpg

whites3 by konadog2, on Flickr

Would be really easy and pretty cheap to put a thin rubber or even a cat's paw sole on the bottom of these I've done it lots of times . . . any good cobbler could do it.

Would be really easy and pretty cheap to put a thin rubber or even a cat's paw sole on the bottom of these I've done it lots of times . . . any good cobbler could do it.

yeah, i understand. but the other issue is what the shifter does to roughout leather. here's is what a dozen rides have done to my red wing 8113's. these boots are made to get really beat up, so i kinda like it - but the white's are too pretty to take this beating...

6740069673_9583249c07_z.jpg

Red wing 8113 by konadog2, on Flickr

can't believe no one posted these yet... viberg service boots in walnut cordovan, leather looks amazing

walnutone.jpg?w=480&h=270

These are pure sex!

Anyone have a suggestion on where to find boots that look a bit like this (in style)? I have trouble finding boots with a somewhat slimmer profile. When I visit White's, Viberg and so on, all I see is chunky boots. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

Tips on dressier boots are welcome. Also, would like to know where this particular pair is available, if it ain't a custom pair.

I went with black leather (his standard leather is oil tanned, much like the older Sears models used), brass buckles, no celsatic or reinforcement in the toes, standard welt, green rolled leather top, and green O'sullivan half soles.

There is certainly more to choose from, but I went fairly standard because of the odd colored soles.

Please more on these when you get them. they sound like a great pair of engineers

These are pure sex!

Anyone have a suggestion on where to find boots that look a bit like this (in style)? I have trouble finding boots with a somewhat slimmer profile. When I visit White's, Viberg and so on, all I see is chunky boots. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong place.

Tips on dressier boots are welcome. Also, would like to know where this particular pair is available, if it ain't a custom pair.

contact Brett from Viberg boots to get that particular pair of boots; look for a price tag of around 800-1000$ though (since they are cordovan leather)

you could also order a pair of White's Semi-dress and ask for soft toe (no celastic or steel toe reinforcement); that way the profile of the boots will look a lot slimmer. (its not possible to combine soft toe with toe cap though)

@ ctb & slab:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Is shell cordovan always that expensive? 800 - 1000 usd, sure is a lot. They probably are worth it, but I don't shell out that much cash on footwear.

Suggestions in the pricerange 400 - 600 (max)? doesn't really have to be shell though... Just really nice boots and some quality. Sorry If I ask much, not really into the leather stuff and/or boots.

@ ctb & slab:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Is shell cordovan always that expensive? 800 - 1000 usd, sure is a lot. They probably are worth it, but I don't shell out that much cash on footwear.

Suggestions in the pricerange 400 - 600 (max)? doesn't really have to be shell though... Just really nice boots and some quality. Sorry If I ask much, not really into the leather stuff and/or boots.

check the link i posted a couple of days ago for the tricker's boots - with that discount, you could pick up a pair for $400 and have a boot that will last forever. the crockett & jones 'snowdon' model is a beauty (again, posted a page or two back, this time by someone else).

or blow the bank and get the 'galway' by edward green and own the most beautiful veldtschoen boot on the planet:

eg2bdouble2bsoled2bshoe.jpg

Where can I get C&J's in the US? I'm actually in the market for a pair of snowdon's.

Is this website legit by any chance?

http://www.shoesnort...countrygolf.htm

That site's been around for ages, never used it though.

Try P.Lal in Malaysia - they've got an excellent reputation from what I know, are legit, and depending on the exchange rate you might get them for a lot less than the normal UK list price.

Looks like C&J prices in England have gone up, judging from your link. They were £365 a couple of years ago...

Where can I get C&J's in the US? I'm actually in the market for a pair of snowdon's.

Is this website legit by any chance?

http://www.shoesnort...countrygolf.htm

I ordered mine from Pediwear (pediwear.co.uk). Shipping was free and they shipped via Parcelforce, so I avoided the DHL/FedEx fees and duties. They're costly, for sure, but definitely worth it, at least in my opinion.

Edited by metafacticity