Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

No polish? Some lady recommended it to me if I wanted to cover up the parts where the finish on the leather had been torn off from rough play on asphalt.

Still no?

I kind of like the torn up look. I'll post pics to show the scuffs.

Also, there seems to be water damage on the tip of the right shoe. The leather is still incredibly dark as if it was still wet. Is there any way to reverse this discoloration?

-JF

Could be.

I just used the cleaner with very little result except that they're slightly more shiny and have aquired the smell of the cleaner.

After homework, I'm applying the Mink Oil, then off to Beowulf. That movie looks more sexy than 386's Sams. Ok, not really. The Savior can't even touch them tricks.

-JF

--edit-- Just read the instructions. Apparently, I have to let the shoes sit overnight after applying. Well, after the movie then.

Oh shit.. I hope you don't mind that replacing my tiled SugarCane desktop at school ;D.

Anyways, I LOVE! the mink oil.

My shoes are very oily/greasy right now. Hella water-proofed. The leather has darkened considerably, and the scuffs became dark spots of contrast.

If it stays this way, these shoes will look amazing. Well, I'm still waiting on the true final results.

By the way, how often should I apply the cleaner and a new coat of mink oil?

-JF

Ah, I'll keep that in mind then.

This all seems pretty simple, yet very enjoyable. I like the personal level you have with leather. It's practically the same reason I like denim.

They're both sexy. They're both hobbies. Picture perfect.

-JF

No AF60's in a 9.5D at AoC. I have to wait for March or April before they have a restock. I wanted dressy boots with a commando sole for winter and now I'm screwed. I'm pissed and now the money I saved will be spent on something lame like glasses when I should have some rad boots.

What a fucking pain in the ass. Maybe I buy the wrong size and just live with it. Is this a retared solution? I'm consumed by these boots.... :(

It is an extremely retarded solution. A better solution would be getting 4060's of theshoemart.com (they have 9.5s) and having them soled with vibram soles of your choice.

Hey Miz, The shell Leeds are at the A-E factory now. It will take 4-6 weeks they said. Fine by me!

In other news, I heard an interesting thing from Cindy at Crockett & Jones. She said that Meltonian shoe cream dries leather out more than plain ol' Kiwi does. And Kiwi does dry leather. Kiwi was a must in the Army and I still use it. Although I don't use Meltonian creams on my shoes, I have let some shoe-shine guys use it. Never again. I'll insist on Kiwi, or take C&J polish with me and let them use that!

I was just in the Alden store in NYC picking up my 4060s (maybe I'll post pics later) and it seems that someone thought I might be Miz... asked me if I had a blog on clothing.

gotta watch out for those sufu stalkers!

No AF60's in a 9.5D at AoC. I have to wait for March or April before they have a restock. I wanted dressy boots with a commando sole for winter and now I'm screwed. I'm pissed and now the money I saved will be spent on something lame like glasses when I should have some rad boots.

What a fucking pain in the ass. Maybe I buy the wrong size and just live with it. Is this a retared solution? I'm consumed by these boots.... :(

Hmmm apparently the really retarded thing is not trying them on all together. As luck would have it I live but a 10 minute walk from the only Alden retailer in Canada. I explained my situation and as they didn't carry any boots except for the Indy they had me try on a variety of shoes in several last and materials. Turns out I'm a half size smaller then previously though.

I would like to add. The number 8 colour is amazing in person, chukkas in the #8 on now on my hit list.

You are indeed correct...enjoy whatever Alden's you pick up...my Chukka's ended up not working out for me (my ankles are so freakishly small that they just don't fit right) so I am not-so-patiently awaiting a pair of Wingtip Plaza Boots in #8. I am excited.

Does anyone know of any reputable leather shoe shops along the East Coast? The whole thing tends to be my grazing grounds when traveling for yoyo competitions.

I was just in the Alden store in NYC picking up my 4060s (maybe I'll post pics later) and it seems that someone thought I might be Miz... asked me if I had a blog on clothing.

hahaha, that would have been me. i thought about asking you if you were on sufu, then i thought, nahhhhh...two people in Alden shoes on a Monday afternoon, both of whom frequent this site, know who Miz is, both buying the same exact boot. comedy.

i was in there pulling the trigger on my 4060s. they had one pair of 13s. these are some beautiful boats i got on. fuck, theyre big, but the 12 1/2s had a tight toe box i thought and i was told recently to size up on my shoes, because my big toe doesnt curve in.

i was in alden years ago and didnt have $$$ to make it happen. my time came...

i didnt realize how long it takes them to put together an order for these. i can see why many people wait 6+ months to get their size...

hahaha, that would have been me. i thought about asking you if you were on sufu

Haha... I almost asked you the same thing, but I though that might sound really dorky to the people working there... not to mention that if you hadn't been on sufu, it would've sounded really dorky in general.

As far as the boots being big, try picking up a pair of your basic Dr. Scholl's. They run for about $3 and may tighten up the shoe nicely (and might even be more comfortable in general.) And if not, you're only out an extra $3 on a $500+ shoe.

Does anyone know of any reputable leather shoe shops along the East Coast? The whole thing tends to be my grazing grounds when traveling for yoyo competitions.

I imagine that The Shoe Mart would be considered reputable and I've heard they can have good deals. I haven't been there in person, but they carry Alden's, Allen Edmonds, etc.

The Shoe Mart

3 Berkeley Street

Norwalk, CT 06850-3916

hahaha, that would have been me. i thought about asking you if you were on sufu, then i thought, nahhhhh...two people in Alden shoes on a Monday afternoon, both of whom frequent this site, know who Miz is, both buying the same exact boot. comedy.
Haha... I almost asked you the same thing, but I though that might sound really dorky to the people working there... not to mention that if you hadn't been on sufu, it would've sounded really dorky in general.

that's nuts. what a small world. maybe the alden store will be the next sufu hangout?