Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

A bit of a different kind of boot than what usually shows up here, but y'all might like them anyways. As I mentioned yesterday, my MTO pair of Edward Green Shannon boots (with no perforations on toe cap) in dark oak on the 888 last just showed up. I requested these with eyelets all the way up the boot. If I had to choose again, I'd go with the speed hooks instead. These are a bit hard to get on and I have to relace the top 2-3 eyelets to get in and out of the boot:

img9462sizedfr4.jpg

img9463sizedjz6.jpg

hot damn! those boots are sex. i agree with the speed laces.

Those Lone Wolf's are great. Would really like to own em', not my price class though. Need to get myself a pair of decent boots (especially for the colder season arriving soon). Want some heavy duty work boots. Thinking about Red Wing 1908 or 1910, or maybe some cheaper work boots from the US, you know, those kind o' boots the workin' man in US is using today. Something robust and durable, but still with a pretty low price. Anyone got some ideas?

me neither, but it might have something to with the soles of eds boots, which in that case is bullshit. Logger boots should have heavy duty soles.

haha yeah, but is Edmond a logger?

Edmond love the Lonewolfs, where did you get them? I'm trying to find a black pair and somewhere that ships to the UK, most places I looked are out of stock, at least in my size, 7.

hi tigger thanks btw try checking out yahoo auctions japan... and contact spe for the proxy hes great got these for like 30% off cause these are display shoes like what they use to display in store got a bit of scratches on them but otherwise theyre good!:)

Those Lone Wolf's are great. Would really like to own em', not my price class though. Need to get myself a pair of decent boots (especially for the colder season arriving soon). Want some heavy duty work boots. Thinking about Red Wing 1908 or 1910, or maybe some cheaper work boots from the US, you know, those kind o' boots the workin' man in US is using today. Something robust and durable, but still with a pretty low price. Anyone got some ideas?

Georgia Boots makes the logger style for a little over $100, I believe.

DieHard (like the batteries, I think) sells a boot in the style of the Redwing 875 for $60 or $70 at sears. They will last for the rest of your life but they are painful to break in.

haha yeah, but is Edmond a logger?

well i think im suppose to be a logger now.. wearing these logger boots.. so some of yoou guys have to be coal miners now? just kidding..

just applied a thin coat of rw mink oil on these for protection.. been raining a lot over here these pat few days... oh and yeah theres signs of dryness on theleather on these cause of them being display shoes applied some conditioner.. didnt take everything away but it did good..

Did you all see the Danner foreman boots in the supermarket? They were very nice. Not my size unfortunately. I've not heard of Danner before but was very impressed with that model.

edit:http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=36393

These fellas.

Danner is one of those older work book manufacturers here in the states. They've been around since the 1930's.

a little history on them..

http://www.danner.com/category/customer+service/danner+heritage.do

I came across this pic:

adc73.jpg

(from this site wich is very nice btw)

And I am terribly intrigued by these boots, worn by both father and son.

I know this strap construction from those more biker looking boots, but those are a lot more chunky with a big heel and a square toe. These seem to have very flat soles (might also be from not being resoled in time though, judging from the state they are in) and a fairly rounded toe.

Can anyone maybe tell me a bit more about this model or possibly direct me to something similar?

Thanks in advance.

I came across this pic:

adc73.jpg

(from this site wich is very nice btw)

And I am terribly intrigued by these boots, worn by both father and son.

I know this strap construction from those more biker looking boots, but those are a lot more chunky with a big heel and a square toe. These seem to have very flat soles (might also be from not being resoled in time though, judging from the state they are in) and a fairly rounded toe.

Can anyone maybe tell me a bit more about this model or possibly direct me to something similar?

Thanks in advance.

This is the look I was going for with my Wesco Boss. I wanted the engineer and not the harness look, but wesco makes a harness boot also.

boots_wide.jpg

Lovely looking grensons. The small feet point reminds me of when I saw some fantastic boots at my local antiques auction house.

There was a lot with a bunch of edwardian gentlemans clothing including some safari helmets and bowler hats and if I remember correctly a bit of military dress uniform.

Anyway, also included were a pair of riding boots and a superb pair of 8 eyelet leather soled boots. They reminded me of the classic english country boots or maybe military, and were about 100 years old. Dark chocolate brown, a nice round cap-toe, nicely nailed on heel, buttery soft leather.

These things were perfectly useable in fantastic condition.... but about 3 sizes too small for me.

Anyway, pointless story I guess but I was just reminded of it....