Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Any shoe oil will darken suede.

Apply to a buffing cloth instead of directly to the shoe, in a very sparing amount, just enough to dampen the cloth. Then buff the shoe accordingly in a light, back-and-forth polishing motion.

Thanks, I thought so but was just unsure.

hk2007take5159.jpg

hk2007take5156.jpg

new 1910's.. hmmm ive been wearing them for 5 days now very comfortable actually... just put mink oil in them been raining for the past couple of days here..

How do these Wings go size-wise compared to normal sizing? (would a full size smaller be too small? half size down?).

cheers.

Oh yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering if anybody knew what kind of oil would do that? Or would it just be better to let my desert boots get dirty as hell?

Use a suede brush holding the desert boot over a boiling kettle (ie in the steam) to clean them.

Let them dry naturally.

yeah beatle is rigth half size down...on rw's i wear 9.5 on dunks and 9 on rw's

Cheers. Although it's bad news as the pair I want I can't see anywhere online in my size aside from UK stockists raping me for $120 more than Dejan sells for.

Anywhere other than the mighty Cultizm that'll ship across the pond to the UK?

yes definitely the same size as of the 875's i tries those too over at hk.. they fit the same.. 100%

Nope, not in my case. I wear a half size down in my 875s, and an entire size and a half in my 1908s and they are still a bit roomy. One needs to be careful as each pair is handmade, and sizing can vary ever so slightly between models made for US vs. Europe vs. Japan, etc.

Nope, not in my case. I wear a half size down in my 875s, and an entire size and a half in my 1908s and they are still a bit roomy. One needs to be careful as each pair is handmade, and sizing can vary ever so slightly between models made for US vs. Europe vs. Japan, etc.

that's not what I want to hear. Any way to judge my size without being able to try on? I wear a 10 in the 875, so what should I get in the 1908?

since ashton has boned and will continue to bone demi moore, let's leave it alone.

as such, here's my quiver:

1349482778_85667ba2f1.jpg

left to right, top to bottom:

nos wwii double-buckle boots

vintage kent & howard work boots

clarks desert

older born model (my favorite shoe)

ebay'd captoes

calvin klein dress chukkas (...need work here)

j.crew tulum sandals

ebay'd nos purcells

born boat shoes (also rad)

Hey can we got some closer pics of the WWII double buckle boots??

Are they they same as the Suede Boondocks?

The shell cordovans: http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/index.cfm/Shoes-Black_Shell_Cordovan_Straight_Tip_Boot_169.htm

Not the Indy's, don't really like their styling. Want something tough, but sleek. These fit the bill, can't really see anything else that looks like what I want. Black Shell Cordovan Straight Tip Boot, with the Commando sole. Actually been longing for them since I've seen them. I was given a pair of Alden Shell Cordovan Oxfords, and it just intensified how much I want them.

Does anyone know if the NYC Alden store carries AF60s?

No, those are a special makeup shoe for Alden of Carmel. The NYC Alden store has some boots, but nothing like that one. All of the ones that I saw were double leather soles. They have the 4060 and the 4065 (4060 in black). I think there's also a version similar to the 4060 that is plain toe instead of cap toe. They also have chukka boots. I believe that very few stock Alden boots or shoes are commonly on the commando soles. Alden of Carmel is one of the few places (maybe only place) that carries a lot of Alden shoes with commando soles.

If you like the AF60s, but the reason you aren't getting them from AoC is because you want to try them on, then you can probably just visit the NYC Alden store. I believe that they are a company store and they do not work on commission. Just tell them that you need to try something on in a plaza last and they should be able to help you find the right size.

that's not what I want to hear. Any way to judge my size without being able to try on? I wear a 10 in the 875, so what should I get in the 1908?

All I can deduce from all of these differing opinions on the same pair of shoes is that the sizing is inconsistent (that, or some people wear shoes that don't fit them right - which most people do; depends on what is 'comfortable' for you). My feet MEASURE 10.5 (US) on my left foot, and 11 (US) on my right foot (freaaaakkk!!!!!!) using a Brannock device. I wear an 11 in all Nikes, and a 10.5 (US) / 9.5 (UK) in all dress shoes (Alden, Hugo Boss, Tyrwhitt, etc.). I ordered the 1908s in a 10 (US) / 9 (UK) from Cultizm and they were HUGE; even an insole wasn't helping. I exchanged them for a 9.5 (US) / 8.5 (UK) and put in a Red Wing brand insole......they fit perfect now. I can't say take my word as the 100% steadfast rule, because obviously Beatle and Edmond have had different experiences with the same shoe, but that's how it worked for me. To answer your other question, I wear a size 10 (US) 875 without an insole and it fits fine.

If you're ordering from Cultizm, size down 1 size from your normal sneaker size. If they are still too big, or end up being too small for some reason, you can either get them stretched a tiny bit, or send them back to Cultizm (cost me $25 from the US) and they will remail new ones to you free of charge.

If you're ordering from Cultizm, size down 1 size from your normal sneaker size. If they are still too big, or end up being too small for some reason, you can either get them stretched a tiny bit, or send them back to Cultizm (cost me $25 from the US) and they will remail new ones to you free of charge.

good to know that cultizm is ok about returns, at least. it sounds like a 9.5 might be the way to go, but it just sounds so small considering I usually wear 10.5-11.

good to know that cultizm is ok about returns, at least. it sounds like a 9.5 might be the way to go, but it just sounds so small considering I usually wear 10.5-11.

I can vouch for Dejan at Cultizm on returns. I have ordered 3 pairs of jeans, none fitted how I wanted, all returned and refunded really easily. The guy is very honest and extremely helpful.

On the back of that and this sizing chat I popped for the 1908's a size down (wear UK 10 - bought UK9). If they are no good and cost me £10 to return it's still saving me over £50 on the price of RW's in the UK.

just picked these up last week when i was in taipei...

oiled them n they are slightly darker then they were actually really like it now, was actually a greyish color..

anyone knows of a website that has sorrta a list of redwing boots n when it was made n for where kindda thing. tryin to learn more bout mine...

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg