Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

thanks for the kind words guys, they'll go into rotation as of tomorrow...

excellent service too, they came with dust bags, two brushes, a tin of trickers cognac polish and shoe trees...

oh yeah and in the box, instead of a paper between the two boots, there was a piece of cloth, the same material as the dustbags, that was a first for me

Made to order trickers monkey boots indeed

dunno if you can read the color here on the box, the color is called beechnut burnished and it's calf leather.

in the length and width the fit is pretty much spot on, however, the shoes are quite tight when I put in my orthodics, guess I'll have them shave of a mm or 2, so my orthodics are a little less thick...

How did you size the Trickers? Were you able to try them on at all beforehand?

got a little sizing advice here from someone that also owns the monkeyboots, basically it's the same size as my redwings. (no chance to try these on as they are a custom order, normally the monkey boots are a japan exclusive, unless you custom order them)

they are a little bit more narrow in the toes then redwings though and less 'high' if that makes sense, that's why I'll have the guy that made my orthodics shave off some material so they'll be a little less thick.

got a little sizing advice here from someone that also owns the monkeyboots, basically it's the same size as my redwings. (no chance to try these on as they are a custom order, normally the monkey boots are a japan exclusive, unless you custom order them)

they are a little bit more narrow in the toes then redwings though and less 'high' if that makes sense, that's why I'll have the guy that made my orthodics shave off some material so they'll be a little less thick.

That's awesome man... They look great.

c0d75d6d.jpg

Nice Timmy! When you visit us, don't forget to wear them, am so curious to see & examine them :-)

Hey everyone, I know there been tons of posts regarding sizing but which size would be the best for:

Alden Plaza Last: 9D

Brannock device size: 9D

Clarks DB: 9D

J.Crew DB: 8.5

I tried on the Red Wing 1907 (without its insole w/ dress socks in an 8.5D and it seemed fine, with enough room for me to wear thicker socks)

What size should I be getting for a Red Wing GT/Moc Toe? I had a 9015 in size 9D, but it was way too loose... so ended up returning it.

yeah, i would stick to the same size in all RW models (although some people have complained about the GT's being more narrow; i'll have first hand experience next week when my GT's arrive)

btw anyone selling a pair of new/slightly used RW 8134/8160 for a decent price?

What do you mean same size? What models of RW do you have by the way?

well i would say that the sizes differ from model to model...

first i bought me some Red Wing GT 9014 in a size 9D which fitted near to perfect, then i got myself some Red Wing 8138 (moctoe) in a 9D as well, but with these i have to say that i could have gone for a 9.5D to get the same fit as in my GT's.

So all in all i would say that the Red Wing moctoes fit a bit narrower as the Red Wing GT's...And while i still can put an extra insole into the GTs i can't with the mocs!

hope that helped a bit?!

I agree w/ ThinFinn on the Redwing fit. The moctoes fit a lot narrower. I have my GT in 9.5D and 875 in 9.5EE and the 875 still feel slightly tighter than my GT.

From a couple of pages back, in case you missed it:

how do you actually size a pair of ll bean duck boots? ive been told they are very oversized?
They are oversized indeed. I'm a 9.5D/9E on the Alden Trubalance last, 10 in most athletic shoes, and I took a 9D in the LL Bean Maine Hunting Shoe (no insulation). While they are a good length, there's too much volume around the ankle even with a pair of thick wool socks. The slippage causes my socks to pull down as I wear them so the fit is less than ideal; however, if I sized down I think they would be too short and narrow to wear comfortably with a thicker pair of socks.

I bought them for this winter which was predicted to be harsh. So far we've had one snowfall, so they haven't been worn too much yet. In hindsight, maybe an 8EE would have been a better fit for me.