Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

mini lug is better than crepe and leather soles but because of the heel I still slip often on ice/snow. I think i will resole my 875's with logger soles so i can face next years winter.

great looking boots btw Snake!

Chicken, I really enjoyed your travel blog, jordan really surprised me in a good way.

thanks guys. but the color shifts also have to do with the state of polish them boots had at the time, and the type of lighting/camera i used to shoot them. the last photo is quite dramatic because i shot it right after walking around everywhere, and there's a strong shadow hitting it.

i always used the wear as an excuse to try something different. but i went back to honey vibrams, both for comfort and function.

Hey chicken did you get them resoled at Eddies in hollywood? I was actually looking for a good cobbler around LA and saw your review on yelp.

My Orvis x Alden Aviators tried to kill me in the 1-2" dusting we have in Boston. I'm amazed by how slippery the Alden composite soles (same as the Indy's sole) are in snow. Anything to be done short of a resole to increase traction?

These things need hobnails if you want to wear them in winter. . .

chicken, do you have any updates on your white's semi dress? I've been pretty interested in these as of late, can't seem to get enough pictures of them worn in

sorry, not really. white's are built like tanks. and especially mine with double-mid soles plus vibram half-soles. not a whole lot of change in a while.

Hey chicken did you get them resoled at Eddies in hollywood? I was actually looking for a good cobbler around LA and saw your review on yelp.

oops, forgot to mention in my blog, they were done by willie's shoe service. very solid job, imo.

and thanks for more comments about the blog. slab, that's how it was for me too. jordan surprised me in many ways. was a good trip.

My Orvis x Alden Aviators tried to kill me in the 1-2" dusting we have in Boston. I'm amazed by how slippery the Alden composite soles (same as the Indy's sole) are in snow. Anything to be done short of a resole to increase traction?

I would recommend getting another pair with Commando Soles or even the 404 with the serious lug sole. Indy's with the neoprene sole are 3 seasons boots as far as I'm concerned, they are great year round but horrible in even slight snow/ice.

Just wanna give a shout out to Baker's shoe(Kyle)......:)

I got a pair of SD from Baker's shoe a while ago but it was too big(it was totally my fault)....so i sent them back and have them replace a new one for me(with totally different specs and some complicated requests.), they didn't charge me nothing and just sent me a Ship Notification after like 20 days, fantastic service!!!:D:cool:

please post pictures!

Its impossible to find any info about these anywhere other than one thread on SF that died 2 years ago!

/\ they really are nice boots and will probably be my first pair of aldens but the orvis by me doesnt carry them. I want to get properly fitted and not go through the hassle of buying and returning shoes

love how this looks. I would probably do this to my pair:

dsc2108yp0.jpg

Apparently, these are built on the Trubalance last. From what I know, it's best to size down 1/2 with this particular last.

Browsing through the Q&A, one person said the boots fit TTS and someone else said it's necessary to go up 1/2 size. In my opinion neither of these suggestions are true, assuming that the Trubalance last statement is true and the boots are regular width.

I would contact Alden and make sure... But I've never heard of people sizing up for Trubalance.

I want to get properly fitted and not go through the hassle of buying and returning shoes

Browsing through the Q&A, one person said the boots fit TTS and someone else said it's necessary to go up 1/2 size. In my opinion neither of these suggestions are true, assuming that the Trubalance last statement is true and the boots are regular width.

I would contact Alden and make sure... But I've never heard of people sizing up for Trubalance.

Would make more sense when talking sizing from a British perspective, given the difference between UK sizes and American...if I'm a UK 10 then I'd normally need a US 10.5 or 11, depending on fit. With an Alden shoe, I would go for [their] 10 or 10.5...

thanks to you ive been obsessing over a shoe for about a year....

looks fuckin dope. Any more pics worn/unworn? Were you the one who bought them for $200?

Yeah, don't remember exact price but I got them cheap! They were on sale and I had a coupon. Didn't keep em long though, had the sole come apart a little so I ended up returning them. Sorry, no more pics. Great boots though.