Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Had them almost a year. I got them last Christmas.

damn, what'd you use to treat those? my friend had a pair that he treated with obenauf's or mink oil and they looked nothing like that.

edit: I would get the GTs. I used to have a black pair and they were great. Only reason I had to get rid of them was cause my foot grew.

a close second in my opinion would be the iron rangers, but I really like the leather sole with rubber half sole on the GTs. The only thing I would change on the GTs would be making the heel a stacked leather heel with a smaller rubber piece instead of being entirely rubber.

so i was hoping to get some tips on a good pair of brogues, cuz im getting a pair! i live in sweden, so international shipping is a must and they should cost around 200-250 euro. ive checked out a pair from our legacy, cuz they have em in some local store; 2002278-rescaledpic-375x565.jpg

but i might want something a bit more formal and non distressed.

Ha -- yea I'm not sure if I can find the Horween but I think there's a pair of Black Cherry GTs with my name on them - just need to remember what size I am (I think it's like a half size smaller than the Indy's)... to somewhere that has them in stock! (the workers at David Z must hate me by now)

was in new york last weekend (of the 20th) so i stopped by the alden shop on madison avenue. plan was to get my precise sizing for some indys and see if anything interesting was in stock. for some reason i just couldn't leave without these...

what's in the box?

4148870920_cff3e28e59.jpg

some complimentary accoutrements (bags, polish, laces):

4148111247_c5caa94606.jpg

an ideal pair of saddle shoes (+ LA Nuggets - highly recommended, though not included with purchase of Aldens):

4148871888_73f44fd665.jpg

a closer look:

4148872158_bf40339606.jpg

profile:

4148112469_d987b56c5e.jpg

different lighting:

4148872638_662480fdb3.jpg

left quarter:

4148113013_e1fe0274e9.jpg

sole:

4148873360_6a5471cc4d.jpg

detail shot (large):

4148873100_54977204d7_b.jpg

these are alpine grained calfskin with shell cordovan saddle on the barrie last. size 12E. i can't imagine a single thing i'd change about these shoes (well, maybe flat waxed laces... but that's nothing). the alpine calfskin is amazing - these pics* hardly do it justice. these are obviously very nice dress shoes, but look great with jeans too. i expect to have these the rest of my life.

*i only have time to take photos at night lately, so the lighting kinda sucks, and there's a bit of noise. apologies.

I saw this awesome pair of Wesco's on their Facebook page.

They show some of their custom pairs and I thought this pair looked pretty nice. Is this anyones?

2585_152025240392_130765095392_6207397_2096632_n.jpg

I love those, they look awesome!

Those are not the Semi-Dress, maybe Bounty Hunter or a modified Smoke Jumper. You can tell by the heel most clearly.

White's toe caps are rather large...wasn't sure I liked it at first but after looking at a few pairs with them they grew on me. My semi-dress are coming with toe caps in a few weeks hopefully and I can't wait for them to get here.

I second that, what did you use to treat these?

At first I used sno-seal for the winter (gonna have to get on that again)

then I melted off as much as I could and used various shoe polishes. Most recently, I have been using kiwi brown polish. Seems to work pretty well.

The snows coming and I needed to pick up something that I could wear in the elements without destroying them. Quick spin through the local thrift stores this afternoon and I couldn't leave without these, for $12 :)

my first real boots, Red Wing 2245's after a little cleaning and a quick neatsfoot oil polish

DSC_6957.jpg

Oh man, i really think those vibram soles kill the look of those shoes. It just doesn't seem to work well with the dressiness of the trickers boots. I have always like the look of a rubber half sole with some exposed leather or just a real low profile rubber sole.