whats up with "no homo"

i think "go homo" has a nice ring to it

sorta like g.i. joe

hard master soft master you know what i'm talking about

C0485Z.JPG

I've seen it used on HB or NT. It's basically the bro way of complimenting someone. I'm surprised this is new, I've seen it on other forums for about a year.

its like when you and a couple of buddies get drunk and one of them pulls down their pants. the guy whos pants are down would be considered gay and drunk, but with the application of the "no homo" than its perfectly fine. that my friends is how "no homo" will save my life...one day.

+10 for cheep. I've been wondering about this for a while. If you think a guy is wearing a nice outfit say so! Who the fuck cares what your or his sexual orientation is. It's not like this is gaydate.superfuture.com or even hotchixwithdixforchrix.superfuture.com. Just be comfortable complimenting someone...

whenever i read the phrase "no homo", what i think the person is essentially trying to say is "i am a member of an online fashion forum, which, in itself, means that i am gayer than your average male, yet i still dont want to be mistaken as being gay [like people actually do in my real life], BUT i still want to compliment you on how TOTALLY CUTE your outfit is, and at the same time, remind you that i am NOT a HOMOSEXUAL and that I LOVE VAGINAS, beer, and jenna jameson."

As usual chris does it better than me (no homo)

+10 for cheep. I've been wondering about this for a while. If you think a guy is wearing a nice outfit say so! Who the fuck cares what your or his sexual orientation is. It's not like this is gaydate.superfuture.com or even hotchixwithdixforchrix.superfuture.com. Just be comfortable complimenting someone...

If people say "nice fit no homo" then thats not the original intention. Look at the example that camron gives in the video that someone posted... the double meaning is what makes it so funny.

GRoDT follows the formula for the archetypal rap hero...coming up from the bottom, getting stacks off of drug loot, falling once, getting back up to more money than you had previously imagined. It's no different from "C.R.E.A.M." or Illmatic. All the "classics" have to do with that shit.

C0485Z.JPG

I've seen it used on HB or NT. It's basically the bro way of complimenting someone. I'm surprised this is new, I've seen it on other forums for about a year.

ha if you check the dates you'll notice that was posted well before you registered

but i would not be surprised if one of our lurkers took it upon himself to try out the line somewhere he had a postcount

dont sweat the technique :cool:

(i just did a back and forth arm wave and am now tutting away)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no+homo

I like how all the advertisements on the site change to "Real Jock Gay Fitness" when you look it up!

From www.playahata.com: Slang, (1)punctuation-like phrase, that follows a statement or sentence which could have ambiguous social meaning due to the influx of homo-thugs and bisexual behavior. (2)not to be interpreted in a homosexual way. Originated in New York City but is rapidly gaining recognition throughout the Eastern, United States.

(no hojo)

GRoDT follows the formula for the archetypal rap hero...coming up from the bottom, getting stacks off of drug loot, falling once, getting back up to more money than you had previously imagined. It's no different from "C.R.E.A.M." or Illmatic. All the "classics" have to do with that shit.

thats just wrong. cream lamented what people had to do for money in the hood. illmatic was critical of the ghetto capitalism. both these are examples of artists reporting on the struggle and how fucke dup it is. ge rich or die trying glorifies that struggle and the nihlism. it romanicizes all that shit rather than explain the downfalls of it. cream and one love are fucking genuis. in da club sucks dick. no homo.

That's not the end of discussion. 'No homo' came about waaaay before Killa Season. It's mentioned on Purple Haze, which has material that was recorded in 2001. But to truly understand the evolution of No homo, you must understand 'Pause as the two are intimately connected.

And Westside, people like you should not listen to rap. You sound like a dickless, white, liberal professor trying to give a lecture on rap to equally dickless, rich, white kids.

Guest jmatsu

i don't find "no homo," to be offensive or to be a phobia of homosexuality (i'm "no homo" though...). i think for a fashion board it's a good way of making clear the distinction that you aren't a fag.

i just clicked on the link and some of their examples are hella funny. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=no+homo

No homo though, Paul was a good friend

Hey man, watch it, no homo.

how the hell are those considered questionable. any way i dont use the phrase in daily speech or in posts cause it doesnt feel natural, if feels forced so i dont do it. but i do say pause after i or someone talking to me says some real fucked up shit.

That's not the end of discussion. 'No homo' came about waaaay before Killa Season. It's mentioned on Purple Haze, which has material that was recorded in 2001. But to truly understand the evolution of No homo, you must understand 'Pause as the two are intimately connected.

And Westside, people like you should not listen to rap. You sound like a dickless, white, liberal professor trying to give a lecture on rap to equally dickless, rich, white kids.

ahh true. i havent seen purple haze, but it im pretty sure it does come from the harlem region, coined by members of the diplomats and related gangs/rappers/hoods

it's funny cause i prefer to type like a negroid idiot, but when i do people come down on me, the mods in particular. they send my threads to the trash.

u shut the fuk up u fukin cracker.

also 4 the record i dun like 50 cuz he makes records 4 crackers, who want 2 c stereotypes n shit. is tht bad? no cuz he's MAKING MONEY. stfu with ur broke ass. nuthin i listen 2 ...but no playahate.

it's funny cause i prefer to type like a negroid idiot, but when i do people come down on me, the mods in particular. they send my threads to the trash.

u shut the fuk up u fukin cracker.

also 4 the record i dun like 50 cuz he makes records 4 crackers, who want 2 c stereotypes n shit. is tht bad? no cuz he's MAKING MONEY. stfu with ur broke ass. nuthin i listen 2 ...but no playahate.

you bad, you bad.