tate + yoko - the official thread

TATE + YOKO

hey alex, i got the onixnf collab and i am loving this pair. absolutely my favorite pair i've probably ever had. the fabric is incredible. i was wondering, since i'd like to know the history of this pair, how did nf get oni to do a collab in the first place? after reading they're pretty secluded from everyone else, it makes me wonder how the collab even got started. it actually in a way makes me respect nf and brandon even more. i keep reading oni production runs are so limited and to take time out of their hands to produce a pair with nf says a lot imo.

and i have to ask since i've never experienced any pair of oni before, but is the fabric the same as any other oni? the same made by the 80 year old man i have read about? haha

also, i missed out on the fhxnfxty and i can't wait for the next pair. definitely going to pick that up :)

Edited by mcb

hey alex, i got the onixnf collab and i am loving this pair. absolutely my favorite pair i've probably ever had. the fabric is incredible. i was wondering, since i'd like to know the history of this pair, how did nf get oni to do a collab in the first place? after reading they're pretty secluded from everyone else, it makes me wonder how the collab even got started. it actually in a way makes me respect nf and brandon even more. i keep reading oni production runs are so limited and to take time out of their hands to produce a pair with nf says a lot imo.

and i have to ask since i've never experienced any pair of oni before, but is the fabric the same as any other oni? the same made by the 80 year old man i have read about? haha

also, i missed out on the fhxnfxty and i can't wait for the next pair. definitely going to pick that up :)

hey mcb, great question! I actually had to ask brandon as I've not heard the story myself. Here's what he had to say:

We first met the owner of ONI Denim because he is very close friends with the President of one of the denim mills that we have been using for the past 5 years. The President of the mill wears ONI all the time, I’ve even seen him rocking an 8 inch cuff which was amazing! When I explained that we really like ONI products as well, he offered to introduce us to the owner and designer. We met altogether in Okayama and talked denim, we showed him some of the crazy and fun stuff we’ve been doing with Japanese denim, and he thought it was impressive. We explained that we’ve done collabos with Japanese denim brands before like Momotaro and Big John and asked if we could do something with ONI. To our luck, he agreed! We started sampling different ideas and ended up with the ONI collabo that you see on the market today.

The denim on this collabo is classic ONI denim. It’s made in the same factory as other ONI denim. This mill makes great cult fabric for Samurai and PBJ as well.

I’m not sure if the owner is 80, but you can see him in the attached photos.

UWBRcl.jpg

kLh6ol.jpg

SaLBil.jpg

Z4bljl.jpg

8tfKyl.jpg

9YtwPl.jpg

kT2anl.jpg

nnM9vl.jpg

Think you'll be getting some new Flat Head Tees this week? I'm going to need to stock up as I'll be doing a lot of work in our backshop for the foreseeable future and nothing else will be able to hold up.

Not this week but i'm hoping the stuff arrives by the following weekend. Tees are either in this shipment or the next. I'll keep you posted.

Restocked: Naked & Famous 7mm Thick Leather Belt in Natural Tan

Sizes 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42

http://tateandyoko.com/8-accessories/74-naked-famous-thick-7mm-leather-belt-natural-tan.html

VbBhJl.jpg?1

Natural leather that will age and darken beautifully. The leather is 7mm thick and will last a lifetime.

15oz - 7mm thick - 1 1/2" wide

100% solid brass brushed nickel finish buckle 3" x 2"

100% bovine leather

Made in Canada, leather origin USA

Think you'll be getting some new Flat Head Tees this week? I'm going to need to stock up as I'll be doing a lot of work in our backshop for the foreseeable future and nothing else will be able to hold up.

Not this week but i'm hoping the stuff arrives by the following weekend. Tees are either in this shipment or the next. I'll keep you posted.

Chris - tees, amongst other things, will be arriving next week, and I'll have plenty of them for you to choose from.

Circular knit n&f tees now available at Tate + Yoko!

From the Naked & Famous Denim blog:

http://www.nakedandf...eeled-t-shirts/

We are proud to announce the release of our brand new loopwheeled t-shirts!

The shirts are made just a few doors down from our head office in Montreal in an old family run factory that have been knitting circular fabric and sewing t-shirts and underwear for 70 years. Both the fabric and sewing is all done on site. The loopwheeling/circular knitting machines are the original ones they have been using for decades. We love the old-world quality and heritage behind their garments.

The fit is a 1950s style “Muscle T†with fitted short sleeves and of course a tubular body. The body and collar have no seams as the fabric is circular knit.

The yarn is a double ring-spun cotton and is nice and soft and heavy too. We are starting with 4 great basic colors: White, Pale Grey, Dark Indigo and Black.

019938_full-225x250.jpg019948_full-225x250.jpg019918_full-225x250.jpg019928_full-225x250.jpg

Check out some photos of the factory in the 1950s… It still looks like this now! (minus the vintage haircuts…)

circular_knit_tshirts_1-225x158.jpgcircular_knit_tshirts_2-225x159.jpgcircular_knit_tshirts_3-225x159.jpgcircular_knit_tshirts_4-225x158.jpg

Edited by TATE + YOKO