mitra.

red

Maybe a case of mistaken identity?

Twenty-three-year-old Mitra Khayyam launched the creepily named Blood is the New Black to feature up-and-coming and mainly female artists work on tees. Blood is the New Black graphics range from cutesy to gothic to scary but they are are dazzling. Keren Richter, Milano Chow, Andrea Shear and the legendary Fuct all creating designs for the line – ranging from Richter’s blood drawing candy striper and drum majorette to Fuct’s wild wolf. All Blood is the New Black artists are encouraged to control all aspects of their design from advertising to packaging.

Blood is the New Black was born during Mitra Khayyam's final year in college. While writing her 50 page thesis on the role t-shirts play in the democratization of art, Khayyam decided she should put her money where her mouth was by starting her own t-shirt line. Armed with her experience from many years spent working in both the fashion and art industries, Khayyam launched the line in 2004 with the help of college friend and artist Keren Richter, who was brought onboard as Creative Director.

oh. and i checked my pms again and he said "your face is going to become the new black." they undoubtedly thought that i was a girl named mitra, who happens to own a clothing line called blood is the new black or something.