tailor cut my slacks too short

poopie boy

I wasn't sure where to put this thread so i put it hear. Short story is I have been going to these cleaners for a long time. They do good work at a reasonable price. I bought three pairs of dress pants at about $100 each. I took them to the tailor to get hemmed and gave them another pair of slacks to use as reference.

I got them back last night and put a pair on this morning to go to work and they're about an inch too short.. they look kind of cool in a way but look funny from a business/corporate perspective. I am thinking that since the pants are stretchy, they pulled them before they cut them, and when they unstretched back, they were an inch too short. Either that or they just straight fucked up.

What can i actually do? I don't want to go back to the cleaners and bitch at them since I don't want to make a good relationship awkward. At the same time, I want the fucking pants to look right.

Should I:

a) sell the pants, buy more and have them re-hemmed elsewhere and just take the loss?

B) bitch at the cleaners/tailor and try to get some money back?

c) try to somehow repair the pants? the cuff is a little under an inch and a half long, can this just be unstitched and made longer somehow? i don't know shit about tailoring.

I appreciate the help.

Edited by poopie boy

I measured them, they are not the same. I'm not sure if you read my thread but I think she cut them to the same length with the pants stretched out. They are about 1 to 1.5 inches shorter. It seems as if it would have been a simple mistake/misunderstanding.

The reason I "even need the internet" is because I've never really been in this situation and don't want to raise hell to someone I have a good relationship with if I don't have to. I am asking if this has an easy fix and/or if there is a better way to go about this. I realize I could complain but I'm really only considering that if no other options exist.

Your best bet will probably be re-doing the hem since it's for a formal setting. If it wasn't, I'd say to just sew similar fabric onto the hem and call it good. there's probably enough extra on the hem for you to fix it, you'll need the inch or whatever + some allowance to sew it comfortably.