small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I have a new wallet, but I have a problem. The wallet is pretty long, so it always sticks out of my back pocket no matter how big the back pockets on my pants are. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it had a ring to which I can attach a wallet chain to, however, it doesn't have one.

So how do I use it without me looking like a mark for pickpockets? I don't want to punch a hole in it unless its a last resort, so do I have to keep it in my bag or what?

I have a new wallet, but I have a problem. The wallet is pretty long, so it always sticks out of my back pocket no matter how big the back pockets on my pants are. Now, this wouldn't be a problem if it had a ring to which I can attach a wallet chain to, however, it doesn't have one.

So how do I use it without me looking like a mark for pickpockets? I don't want to punch a hole in it unless its a last resort, so do I have to keep it in my bag or what?

Probably safest in a bag. You could always take it to a leather/shoe repair shop and have them put a grommet in for a chain.

anyone know what collection this is? (its DH right?) also who is the model?

i don't know the name of the brand or ad it's for, but i believe i've seen that same model posing for dior rip-offs and hare rips, too...? ah, there's a site that carries all that stuff, but i lost it...

Are Band of Outsiders oxfords worth the price? I'm debating if I should get one.

Not for the full price... Their oxfords are around 245-299 (retail), right?

If I were to buy one, I'd save some more and buy a nicer shirt.

I want some Balenciaga oxford shirts. I saw some from the S/S season and they were pure sex.

what is the best way to make a t shirt return to its original size after shrinking in the laundry?

sorry to tell you this, but shrinkage is pretty much a permanent thing. You really cannot bring it back to the same original size. For cotton, you should ALWAYS wash cool water first time by hand and hang dry- even then, if not properly done, it can shrink a bit. Even though many companies do a special wash to the fabric beforehand, not all do.

Sorry.

Does anyone know of any stores that carry NICE tees for a man, NOT A BOY? Clean, smart looking, no words, no advertising of a brand etc?

I still need to know this.... does anyone know stores that caters to men and not necessarily street boys etc?? NO TATTOOS, NO WORDS, NO SKULLS, NO LOGOS but nice graphics? They need to look smart and sharp and pass muster at the office etc. Not to mention going out for dinner etc. Any ideas? I am having the worst time trying to find a nice tee that will work for me, without the stuf mentioned above. Is there such a thing anymore?

As reference for ordering stuff online, this site has been really helpful because it gives the model's height and weight, which corresponds exactly to mine But I want to verify that the number under the height/weight is the size the model is wearing? Kind of a dumb question but I just wanted to make sure, as a reference for ordering stuff online. (I can't read japanese, and my translator on the browser isn't working)

http://www.wind.ne.jp/tulsa_time/moncler/april77.html

also, could someone translate what the cm measurements refer to (scroll down a little). I know the ones around 100cm are chest, but what about the rest?

http://www.tulsa-time.jp/shane/ben-sherman.htm#notebook%20case

i guess this has to do again with finding that polo.

Lacoste? They make a slim fit now with lycra in it (I forget what they call it exactly).

the retrofit one? Thank you, I may try that, but for some reason lacoste has never fit well for me at the waist, also (im in highschool) like every single person wears those here. but who knows lol if nothing else works.

anyone know how ben sherman size small fits? I'm just getting names of that site..

their site only has size charts for their dress shirts. thanks again.

I have a job interview as a personal assistant / office assistant where his office is at his house. I'm male, what the hell should I wear if I want to work as a personal assistant at some guy's house?

What I plan to wear is a white button down with black stripes, a black or maroon tie, black slacks, and dress shoes. Do you guys think that's fine or should I try something else? Also, I live in Southern California where we've been hit with a heat wave so I don't really want to wear a full suit if the guy's house doesn't have air conditioning and I'm sweating a puddle

I have a job interview as a personal assistant / office assistant where his office is at his house. I'm male, what the hell should I wear if I want to work as a personal assistant at some guy's house?

What I plan to wear is a white button down with black stripes, a black or maroon tie, black slacks, and dress shoes. Do you guys think that's fine or should I try something else? Also, I live in Southern California where we've been hit with a heat wave so I don't really want to wear a full suit if the guy's house doesn't have air conditioning and I'm sweating a puddle

If he can afford an assistant...I would hope he has a/c! Don't think you can go wrong with a white shirt and black pants.

I still need to know this.... does anyone know stores that caters to men and not necessarily street boys etc?? NO TATTOOS, NO WORDS, NO SKULLS, NO LOGOS but nice graphics? They need to look smart and sharp and pass muster at the office etc. Not to mention going out for dinner etc. Any ideas? I am having the worst time trying to find a nice tee that will work for me, without the stuf mentioned above. Is there such a thing anymore?

what? uhh express? lol

what? uhh express? lol

Sorry, but those don't go to work for a man. They look like gym tops and too young. Any other suggestions? Nice, clean graphics, no words, to work with a blazer? I have been to all the department stores, some specialty stores and can only find really young and sloppy looking things. Looking for something sharp and, dare I say, Classic? Really need help on this.

a white leather is totally gauche outside the context of a late 80s hair metal concert in a van with preteens and coke in the back, but i say he should go for it as long as its done right with some sort of absurd back piece.

shot of some of the recent grabs ...

IMG_1766.JPG

ben sherman harrington, uniqlo ugly green shirt, purple authentics, w)taps eras, OG frogskins (thx jamie), zach lewis shewolf tee (thx sycamore), juxtapoz (finally this shitty mag does a good article again ... only for mike giant!), idea #324, +81, grafik, dot dot dot, shitty mks sylvans, TOMATO gas book, PAM gas book (i have extras .. u buy!), jean widmer agnes b. book

Who makes the Zach Lewis shewolf tee and where can I get it?

Sorry, but those don't go to work for a man. They look like gym tops and too young. Any other suggestions? Nice, clean graphics, no words, to work with a blazer? I have been to all the department stores, some specialty stores and can only find really young and sloppy looking things. Looking for something sharp and, dare I say, Classic? Really need help on this.

get some dh tshirts or some shit? i dont get this, you are a 50 year old guy wanting to wear tshirts but not just solid color ones? why not just wear black or grey heather crew necks or something

get some dh tshirts or some shit? i dont get this, you are a 50 year old guy wanting to wear tshirts but not just solid color ones? why not just wear black or grey heather crew necks or something

No not quite near that age, but, I look at some guys wearing tees that are not meant for them and they look like fools!! Just because someone is a bit older than 25 does not mean they forgot how good a nice tee feels! And since when are tees only for the young? I can be young at heart and want to dress nice too, you know. Solids look cheap because they usually are and the quality is not that great either. won't buy tubular tees cause they are junk. I do have some flash and want a graphic that reflects it, but do not want to be a billboard for any company (they aren't paying...) . Stupid phrases are for kids. Are there any stores out there that have nice quality, graphic tees that are distinguished/special and ageless?