small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Maybe asking the impossible. I have looked all over the net for something like this jacket. Chunky aran knit, high neck, elbow pads, zippered. Closest I have found is something similar sold on SF a few months ago from Japanese make "Element" but even that I can not find elsewhere on the Interwebs.

Thanks for looking

greycableknitsweaterjacket.jpg

My ems tracking hasnt updated in 6days... Normally when I use ems it only takes about 2-5days to arrive and it updates very fast...

Has this happened to anybody before?

The only message I have on it is that its been picked up and its on transit to their nearest depot(??? takes 6 days???)

Maybe asking the impossible. I have looked all over the net for something like this jacket. Chunky aran knit, high neck, elbow pads, zippered. Closest I have found is something similar sold on SF a few months ago from Japanese make "Element" but even that I can not find elsewhere on the Interwebs.

Thanks for looking

greycableknitsweaterjacket.jpg

are you sure you're not talking about the eternal knit?

I kind of want to drop some cash on some sweatpants, and no I don't give a fuck if Russell fits and feels just as good for 1/100th of the price. Recommendations?

Bassike,

http://www.bassike.com/mens_spring_jersey/bm2124_slouch_jersey_pant__grey_marl.html/section/1137

http://www.bassike.com/autumn_winter_jersey_for_men/bm2419_big_bob_jersey_pant_black.html/section/1137

So I've been lurking sufu and sf for a little over a year now but just recently did I get a decent budget together and am starting to overhaul my wardrobe. It's starting to get pretty cold in Pittsburgh and I need a winter jacket but I'm having a lot of trouble finding something that I like, will be warm enough and is in my budget. It's particularly hard because I don't really know what kind of jacket is going to be the most versatile with my new wardrobe as I haven't really work things like chunky cardigans and OCBDs on a regular basis in the past. Any suggestions on a warm, versatile and affordable (<$250) coat? Oh, and I'm tall and super skinny so nice and slim is a big bonus. Thanks in advance.

anyone?

10char

I kind of want to drop some cash on some sweatpants, and no I don't give a fuck if Russell fits and feels just as good for 1/100th of the price. Recommendations?

http://www.forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=SILENT+by+Damir+Doma&product=SILE-MP4

Silent by Damir Doma. Unfortunately they only have L and XL left in stock, but you can find em elsewhere (although not at that price :( ).

http://www.oipolloi.com/Store/OiPolloi-DII-2134-160-reigning+champ+.html

So I've been lurking sufu and sf for a little over a year now but just recently did I get a decent budget together and am starting to overhaul my wardrobe. It's starting to get pretty cold in Pittsburgh and I need a winter jacket but I'm having a lot of trouble finding something that I like, will be warm enough and is in my budget. It's particularly hard because I don't really know what kind of jacket is going to be the most versatile with my new wardrobe as I haven't really work things like chunky cardigans and OCBDs on a regular basis in the past. Any suggestions on a warm, versatile and affordable (<$250) coat? Oh, and I'm tall and super skinny so nice and slim is a big bonus. Thanks in advance.

A pea coat perhaps? Sterlingwear's Authentic is warm and great value for the money. A number of suggestions for them on SF in previous years. I was happy with mine. A little boxy, but nice high arm holes. Definitely within your price range and would leave some money left over for some other garment, perhaps a hat and gloves. http://www.sterlingwear.com/ Since you mentioned SF, look into the "MEGA PEACOAT THREAD" for more on pea coats. Hope that helps. Stay warm!

A pea coat perhaps? Sterlingwear's Authentic is warm and great value for the money. A number of suggestions for them on SF in previous years. I was happy with mine. A little boxy, but nice high arm holes. Definitely within your price range and would leave some money left over for some other garment, perhaps a hat and gloves. http://www.sterlingwear.com/ Since you mentioned SF, look into the "MEGA PEACOAT THREAD" for more on pea coats. Hope that helps. Stay warm!

Thanks man but I actually already own a Sterlingwear. Not much of a fan honestly, it's cut really poorly for my build.

I'm looking for suggestions on a boot with a similar profile to the Fiorentini + Baker 745 Workboot but at a lower price point. I like the look of the 745, but want something I can wear out in the winter snow and slush without feeling bad about damaging a nice boot like the F+B. I've been looking over surplus boots, but I have not found anything good.

Thanks man but I actually already own a Sterlingwear. Not much of a fan honestly, it's cut really poorly for my build.

No problem. More details on how the cut does not work for you? Have you found any coats you are interested in?