small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

can anyone suggest some good shorts??

i tried the comme drop crotch ones on at work today and they are a little too fashion for my liking, if that makes sense. but i don't want something preppy, what's in between???

Uniqlo vintage chino shorts, around 20-ish a pair, comes in colors from british khaki to burgundy, good to beat around.

Something else more fashun, just go to your local barneys and try on shorts from last s/s?

Vibskov dyken are released every year, shouldn't have a problem getting them. If you wanna kop matching dyken shirt, let me know :D

Uniqlo vintage chino shorts, around 20-ish a pair, comes in colors from british khaki to burgundy, good to beat around.

Something else more fashun, just go to your local barneys and try on shorts from last s/s?

Vibskov dyken are released every year, shouldn't have a problem getting them. If you wanna kop matching dyken shirt, let me know :D

Out of rep, but thanks for the advice!

not sure melbourne has a barneys, but i did come across the dyken shorts online, now i just want to find a slightly more exciting color than black!

any suggestion on size, i wear a 31/32 in jeans.....

What brand is ideal for relatively cheap and good quality Oxfords?!

I need casual button ups that I can wear in place of basic tees. Something that I can basically dress up (a bit) and dress down with. That shirt+denim+boot steeze, ya know?

By relatively cheap I mean around $40 give or take some, similar to Uniqlo.

Anyone whats the difference between the Doc Marten 1461 and 1462? Which one is the closest in shape to the Raf Simons x Dr Martens?

1461 is the classic Dr Martens shoe. Nicely clunky and round, with metal eyelets and thick laces.

1462 is a slightly smarter shoe. Thinner laces, natural eyelets, and a slightly longer and thinner profile. It's more a standard shoe with Dr Martens soles, whilst the 1461 is a classic Dr Martens through and through.

Raf did patent 1461's, but he also did slimmer profile ones (I'm thinking the boots in particular)...so not really sure how to answer that - sorry!

So I've been lurking sufu and sf for a little over a year now but just recently did I get a decent budget together and am starting to overhaul my wardrobe. It's starting to get pretty cold in Pittsburgh and I need a winter jacket but I'm having a lot of trouble finding something that I like, will be warm enough and is in my budget. It's particularly hard because I don't really know what kind of jacket is going to be the most versatile with my new wardrobe as I haven't really work things like chunky cardigans and OCBDs on a regular basis in the past. Any suggestions on a warm, versatile and affordable (<$250) coat? Oh, and I'm tall and super skinny so nice and slim is a big bonus. Thanks in advance.

1675_02.jpg

Does anybody know any stockists that are selling the Gitman Bros. Navy Overdye Oxford in Medium? I've searched nearly all of the stockists I know (Context, Tresbien, Rodengray), but to no avail.

I have never used this site before, but they do international shipping and I think they do the VAT rate refund...

http://www.pure-man.com/item/GitmanVintage_GitmanVintageNavy1D403GV02pinpointbuttondownshirt_0_174_3415_1.html

I have never used this site before, but they do international shipping and I think they do the VAT rate refund...

http://www.pure-man.com/item/GitmanVintage_GitmanVintageNavy1D403GV02pinpointbuttondownshirt_0_174_3415_1.html

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm currently located in the US, so the pounds to usd conversion is really hurting me... Is there any other stockist with not such a high pound/ euro price?