small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

I have a pair of Shure E3C's that are on the way out. This is my 2nd pair and they have served me well but having two pairs short out in five years kind of sucks for the price. Anyways, I'm looking for a pair of in ear, sound isolating headphones that are comparable to Shure headphones and if possible, relatively inexpensive. Can anyone help me out?

marpat gore-tex ecwcs parka ok to wear in the city w/denim/americana steez or nah

seen people wear woodland ecwcs parkas, dunno if its really as this poster states.

In my opinion that doesn't seem to flow with Americana. I vote no.

I have a pair of Shure E3C's that are on the way out. This is my 2nd pair and they have served me well but having two pairs short out in five years kind of sucks for the price. Anyways, I'm looking for a pair of in ear, sound isolating headphones that are comparable to Shure headphones and if possible, relatively inexpensive. Can anyone help me out?

Check out the Etymotic HF3 as I believe it is around the same price point that the Shure E3C's were, or if you want to spend less take a look at the Etymotic MC5 / MC3.

Rocking Westone's UM1 daily since three years without any trouble with any kind of music.

If u want sound accuracy, I suggest the Etymotic hf2, even if u don't have an iPhone. They are about the same price as the e3c. I've had etymotic buds before, and they never broke on me.

from the iLounge review:

At this point, the major price difference between the ER-4P and hf2 bears some explanation. The hf2 sells for nearly half the price of the ER-4P, which Etymotic attributes to slightly more relaxed accuracy tolerances in the newer model. One of the low-end headphone industry’s big secrets is that two pairs of earphones from a given company can possibly sound a lot different, something that the accuracy-obsessed Etymotic has kept in check through more rigid testing than many of its competitors.

If u like heavy bass, I just got the Klipsch S4 and will say that they have the heaviest bass (without compromising quality) of any sound-isolating earbud I have tried.

(PM me if u have questions, I seem to lose earbuds rather regularly so I've tried quite a few.)

6329294-origpic-c4bb1b.jpg_0_0_100_100_375_564_100.jpg

anyone else selling these online in this or other colorways? size 7 / 8 or so

http://havenshop.ca/collections/nike/products/blazer-hi-suede-vintage-qs-deep-garnet

red, burgundy, yellow and grey

anyone know some nice quality all black jeans? something with some kinda heavier denim to keep me warm. slim fit but not too tight or loose, like 501 with more taper. black 501s are too thin and fit is not too good but i might end up just tapering another pair. wanna spend like 200 at most.

is it really not possible to cop directly from the uniqlo homepage? i'd like to buy some stuff, so do i have to eamil or call the store directly?

yes you cant order directly from site, phone & email is the way to go

Can anyone recommend me a leather jacket like the schott 135 but with a more tapered cut?

here's a link for reference: http://www.schottnyc.com/products/men/carcoat/casual-weekend-pebbled-cowhide-leather.htm

I'd suggest one of Rick Owens cuts like this jacket. Here is another of what seems like the same cut jacket (RU 5762 / LP). The second picture is from the user atom who was selling this jacket recently.

Regarding Rakuten stores, some stores do allow you to buy directly from the store if you are located in the US right?

And for customs is their a limit that you have to pass, say $200 USD, before you get charged for customs? I'm thinking of buying some items from Patta & the-glade so just want to be sure before I order.

Thought I'd get SuFu's take on the Fjallraven Greenland jacket before I buy. I live in SF, so I don't need crazy warm. I want something solid for every day wear, rain-functional and comfortable for biking.

Anyone have experience with this jacket? Wondering how it fares in the weather...I know Fjallraven's all about the wax on the G-1000 fabric, it would be cool to hear from someone with first hand experience.

http://www.fjallraven.us/p-14-mens-greenland-jacket.aspx