minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

hugo-hugo-boss01.jpg

Any suggestions for dress pants that fit like this?

I have a pair of Raf's that are like this, from F/W 08.

only if you promise you won't tuck it into your cps

but i wanna :(

would it be a reasonable option to bring in some slim dress pants to a tailor and have them match some new cures or a77s?

but i wanna :(

would it be a reasonable option to bring in some slim dress pants to a tailor and have them match some new cures or a77s?

Yes, because as far as I'm concerned, a suit should never be that tight. Its supercilious and ugly, almost comedically stupid how painted on suits look. There is something very important in appreciating fine tailoring and cuts of suits a la Thom Browne, Jil (both old and new), Raf, etc. - all those suits are slim, not sown onto the body. If you're too young or ignorant to really understand that skinny doesn't equate to fashionable, then maybe you need to waste the money on it for yourself to see the error of your ways.

Sorry HBlack, but it needs to be said. Style doesn't come from pairing basketball kicks with suit pants that are tighter than A77's. I'm not even stylish and I know how this shit works (on a very primal level).

i was kidding about the cp tuck thing

and i'm thinking new cures would be a reasonable cut for dress pants, yeah?

i was kidding about the cp tuck thing

and i'm thinking new cures would be a reasonable cut for dress pants, yeah?

APC makes dress pants based on something in between the NS/NC. Slim, stylish, and nicely cut.

E: Also, its an incredibly bad idea to base the cut of pants on that of jeans - completely different styles in terms of how they should and do fit when worn. Jeans are not a good model for dressier pants, even though you might want something that slim.

On a related note: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Also, its an incredibly bad idea to base the cut of pants on that of jeans - completely different styles in terms of how they should and do fit when worn. Jeans are not a good model for dressier pants, even though you might want something that slim.

Yeah, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

does any one know if the abington timberlands fit like regular timberlands?

i really wants some of these, minus the red laces,

73021799zi9.jpg

1233258390034.jpg

guys, I am in dire need of the source of this exact jacket. any help would be greatly appreciated. hopefully it's not one of a kind.

please PM me instead of replying to this thread.

Guest jmatsu
1233258390034.jpg

guys, I am in dire need of the source of this exact jacket. any help would be greatly appreciated. hopefully it's not one of a kind.

please PM me instead of replying to this thread.

pretty sure it's some vintage shit. why not inquire with rl's press office??

best thrift/vintage clothing shops in manhattan/brooklyn?

I really want a cool leather jacket.

best thrift/vintage clothing shops in manhattan/brooklyn?

I really want a cool leather jacket.

You could go waste your money on a thrift leather @ Search and Destroy, but other than that, there's a million places. Just look in the East Village/St. Marx area.

This board is intimidating, but I would like to share this meager peasant purchase.

gp624661-03p01v01.jpg

I bought this mail order in an XS. When it arrived and I put it on I was shocked to find that it's probably the best fitting shirt I now own. It fits better than things I've had tailored. Not only that, the material feels solid and the shirt is warm. Admittedly I usually buy $30 H&M shirts (in S / XS), but I'm still surprised.

Anyway, my questions.

Gap seems to have 3 general flavors of shirts with 'fitted' in the title. Does anyone know if the selection of Gap shirts labeled as "fitted" all have the same measurements?

And, what is the general impression of the quality of Gap shirts? Will I be getting a solid shirt that lasts a couple seasons? I like bang for my buck and it's rare I find a whole line of reasonable shirts that fit me, so I'd like to get another 3-4, if they'll live a while.

Thanks for any advice. I know this place isn't likely to be interested in Gap, but this shirt really caught me.

Looking to purchase a videocamera, not more than us$300. I'm a noob when it comes to this so any advice and recommendation is appreciated. I would like a small one but still pretty powerful and not with too few features, kind of.

memory card or hardrive? all of that, hit me up with some good videocams.

thanks

This board is intimidating, but I would like to share this meager peasant purchase.

gp624661-03p01v01.jpg

I bought this mail order in an XS. When it arrived and I put it on I was shocked to find that it's probably the best fitting shirt I now own. It fits better than things I've had tailored. Not only that, the material feels solid and the shirt is warm. Admittedly I usually buy $30 H&M shirts (in S / XS), but I'm still surprised.

Anyway, my questions.

Gap seems to have 3 general flavors of shirts with 'fitted' in the title. Does anyone know if the selection of Gap shirts labeled as "fitted" all have the same measurements?

And, what is the general impression of the quality of Gap shirts? Will I be getting a solid shirt that lasts a couple seasons? I like bang for my buck and it's rare I find a whole line of reasonable shirts that fit me, so I'd like to get another 3-4, if they'll live a while.

Thanks for any advice. I know this place isn't likely to be interested in Gap, but this shirt really caught me.

Your earnestness and honesty are appreciated, but I honestly don't think anyone on this board has a single clue as to the...um...intricacies of how Gap fits. The only thing I know is that the board has hired Patrick Robinson to try and stop them from hemorrhaging money and I don't really think that's panning out so well.

Anyone have experience with leather dress shoes and dye? I need silver dress shoes but only for one night, so I don't plan on spending much so I thought I'd buy a cheap pair and do it myself.

Any recommendations for slim, cheap dress shoes I can pick up on ebay and experiment with? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks.

Mine ended up looking kinda garbage. I'm currently in the process of beating them up/trying to get the silver off/black polishing them so maybe they'll have a cool silverish distressed look or something, but no luck so far. I used tarrago metallic dye, you might have more success than me.

does anyone know how much the white CCP rubber band boots run at atelier? i know they were having a sale but i don't know if it's still on. i'm probably stopping by there and odin on V-day with my gf and buying new shoes. halp plz sufu! :)

anyone where to get leather chucks other than villageshoes.com

looking for black lows in sz8

Check out Gravitypope.com^

did ervell ever make a RED bomber? i just saw what looked to be one on some du in the street... he was way too far away for me to go out of my way and ask though.

^^not entirely sure which jacket youre referring to...but he did do a red collegiate...

newyork07_patervell_04.jpg

anyone have any suggestions for pants that fit similar to the ones below?

sartorialist1.jpg

Anyone know where i can find something like this online, something of good quality but closer to $100? I really like the collar, and the fact that the cut isn't baggy or super-fitted. Thanks