Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I soaked them per Carl's recommendation. They got a half hour steaming hot soak in the tub, then air dried outside in the sun. They shunk about one inch in the waist, became slimmer in the thigh and about three inches shorter. I was nervous about the waist shrinkage, which was why I was going to keep them raw, but now that they are soaked and I can still button them, I am happy I did it!

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

those are some pretty fresh boots. whered you get those and what do they look like under the denim

Bumping this thread to ask a question about how they fade, im seriously thinking pbj 005s will be my first japanese jeans. My fav jeans are howies and im pretty sure they are rope dyed, they fade in streaks, extremely similar to eternals, vertical falling ( from the pics ive seen ). I have some new standards but im very dissapointed with the fabric and how it fades. It seams they behave very differently to my howies, I dont think they are rope dyed because the thread seems all blue not just the surface.

So, does anyone know if pure blues are rope dyed? If not I might be going to eternals.

Or do any of you have some good pics of the fade on pbj's? Other than head2walls earlier?

Sorry for being a fussy git, but I hate buying jeans and prefering the old ones.

finally

finally

i know pictures of jeans someone jsut bought are boring

but everyone elses pics helped me order the right size

so i thought i'd return the favor

sz31, cold soaked for 3-4hours

i'm 5'11'' 175lbs

very satisfied with these jeans

Thanks for the pics andrew, they are definately helpful cause i have similar size legs. Now i have a good idea in what i will look like in these jeans.

andrewfuncrew and junglejane have the same flooring in their rooms! Looks like a floor made of chorizo.....

That soak really seems to help set the stack and creases, andrewfuncrew's fit has gotten me to where I need some XX005's...

andrew those look mint, I think 2000db has just orderd me a pair, ive gone for 31 too so your pics make me feel a whole lot better about not sizing up.

thanks, i was really worried they werent going to be slim enough for my tastes

its hard to tell considering i own pants ranging from 28-32's

but with everyone telling me to size up

i figured it would be best to just stick with my true size and soak or wear accordingly

you will not be disappointed with these pants.

thanks, i was really worried they werent going to be slim enough for my tastes

its hard to tell considering i own pants ranging from 28-32's

but with everyone telling me to size up

i figured it would be best to just stick with my true size and soak or wear accordingly

you will not be disappointed with these pants.

yeah, i was worried because i have 32inch hips and a 31waist but bears size chart said they run slightly large so i went for the 31s, my 31new standards look almost baggy now, hopefully theyll be ok, I havent got them yet...!!!

Worst case scenario is I have to sit in the bath with jeans on I guess.

Im really intrigued by the fabric, it was a toss up between these and the eternals.

Andy, again, great fit, makes your legs look long.

viv, you'll love the pbj's. i think you made the right choice in getting the 31s. after soak, they will be nice and tight--then stretch out comfortably in the right places.

wow, everyone is looking good in these suckers. they also seems to conform pretty well to different body types too, which is interesting.

andrewfuncrew: they look nice on you man, I really like that fit.

how comes they look so much skinnier on andrewfuncrew than some of the other pics posted?

it's also commonly believed that left-handed twills creates more defined vertical fades because of the way they are weaved. i think things like the color of the weft also creates different effects. for example, the weft thread in my sda-003s, i've read somewhere, is beige instead of the usual white. (it actually looks grayish). so the fade wouldn't be as contrasty, but will look a little more "blurry" instead.

sorry, just noticed i'm going off the subject of pbjs here. any more question, let's discuss on another thread.