Pure Blue Jeans XX-005

ianpalermo

I just picked up the one-wash PBJ-xx005 from Bears in Japan in size 30. These are TIGHT! I wear 28 in APCs, and 30 in Nudies. I thought these should be fine, but I can barely close the top button (and not without some effort!). I'm hoping they will stretch by at least one inch.

Will the one-washes stretch significantly? Or is that stretchy quality limited to dry denim?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked up the one-wash PBJ-xx005 from Bears in Japan in size 30. These are TIGHT! I wear 28 in APCs, and 30 in Nudies. I thought these should be fine, but I can barely close the top button (and not without some effort!). I'm hoping they will stretch by at least one inch.

Will the one-washes stretch significantly? Or is that stretchy quality limited to dry denim?

stretching will be the same

Got my xx005's from 2000db today. I instantly fell in love with the quality of this denim. The slubbyness paired with the amazing softness of the fabric is fantastic.I like my fit tight so I got a sz 32, unwashed ofcoarse. Im 6'3'' 170lbs and the leg is a little short to my liking but not short enough to make me want to sell them off. Im sure I could probably stretch them anyhow. That leaves me somewhat scared to soak them because I want to wear them wet so they dont shrink up, but also want to stretch them wet. so what do i do right? Also, how is everyone ordering from Japan?

yeah, this happens to all slubby jeans with stack. actually, it's one way to tell whether the distressing is real or not. they tend not to reproduce this type of wear... hasn't happened to me yet though...

Do the jeans need to be slubby for this to happen?

Because it's happend to me before, except it was with a cheap pair of Wranglers 13mwz's cuffed over workboots.

yeah, this happens to all slubby jeans with stack. actually, it's one way to tell whether the distressing is real or not. they tend not to reproduce this type of wear... hasn't happened to me yet though...

This type of wear is emulated quite often actually. They just don't put these scrapes (done with dremel usually) so close to the seams or other points of pressure.

Seen it on thousands of American Eagle, Abercrombie, Express, etc jeans.

Bit of a choice to make here...

I just bought a size 32 raw from BiG but they are slightly looser on me than I would like. I could barely button the size 31's (although now I am not sure if it was because the buttons are so difficult or if they were too tight) so I got the 32's fearing that after a soak I would not be able to get the 31's on. I like a nice tight fit. My question is, besides Bill, has anyone else soaked their raws and recorded how much they shrink and stretch after a soak? I would like to know what size they end up. Any more info. would be greatly appreciated. The size 32 measurements are as follows:

Waist – 34”

Front Rise – 10”

Back Rise – 14”

Upper Thigh – 24”

Knee – 17.5”

Hem – 17.5”

Inseam – 36”

my pure blues came today, they fit fine, but are very tight around the thighs, its not a problem, they just fit perfectly! just so you know im a 31 waist and 32 hips, i got a 31 and they are certainly the tightest jeans I have, compared to 31new standards, If you want the same fit in both size up on the pbj's.

Im 5,8, bout 135pounds, athletic build and a cyclist.

Many thanks for 2000db getting them for me. If I stop buying clothes I could buy a camera and post pics. Anyhow im off to the isle of skye.

I am looking for a fit similar to RRDS. I know the 005 are a little more staright, but I don't want them much tighter than the RRDS. I am wearing the RRDS in a 30 and they were tight when new but have stretched out nicely (not washed yet). If I were to get the 005, what size would you recommend to get a fit similar to 30" RRDS?

I'm also trying to decide between the PBJ-005 and the 5000vx. Any preferences/recommendations between the 005 and 5000vx?

(I will try the 5000vx when Selfedge opens, assuming they will have them.)