How to keep the inside of shoes clean when not wearing socks...

Astérix

This is probably a stupid question, but I don't like wearing socks and noticed quite a few people here don't normally wear socks with their shoes. How do you guys keep the insides of your shoes clean when not wearing socks? I have a few pairs of shoes that I can't wear anymore becuase they got really, really grimey and smelly. Thanks.

i have a few pairs of socks i picked up like 3 years ago on clearance. they're polo and hit really low on the heel and only go about an inch past my toes. i usually wear these in the summers.

does anyone know anyone making socks like these now? polo doesn't make them anymore. even if they were large women's flat socks or something.

baby powder just makes that smell worse actually. it gets this odd flowery funk.

your best bet is to wear some really low cut girls socks. it might take you a minute to get used to them but if thats the look your going for it may be worth it.

on the other hand you may just want to get some chucks or something along those lines (inexpensive) that you could just toss in the wash once they get stinky.

I see no point in not wearing socks, if its hot your feet will sweat with or without them, the sock will keep the shoes a bit more dry and most importantly clean. plus you can get ones that are not visible.

I use Polos, they have a 3-pack of short ones that come in different colors, I think one pack has beige brown and grey or something along those lines.

I dont see why socks that are not visible "should never be worn" with this and that, apart from slippers and such of course. thats the whole point of them ending right above your heel, you can wear them even with low shoes, slip-ons for example.

if you have no problem getting your shoes sweaty and dirty then by all means wear them without socks. I wear them to keep my shoes cleaner for a longer time, dry when its hot and also I feel much more comfortable with socks on, but thats just a matter of taste.

You may want to use cedar shoe trees typically utilized for dress shoes to maintain the leather's integrity and absorb moisture after each use. Don't know if will solve the problem, but it will preserve your shoes for a longer period and may prevent the grime from growing too quickly. Good luck!

def look better without, but damn my shoes stink if I go sockless. I have some Prestos that have only been worn 10-odd times and now honk

I took them off the other day and my gf was like 'what is that rotten smell?'

I think she secretly liked it but

I dont see why socks that are not visible "should never be worn"

Listen, It is ok if the socks are not visable, I was just saying in my opinion that sock never look good with shorts.

I personally feel that the summer time is supposed to be very casual, and easy going and there is just something so amazing about wearing a pair of sockless shoes, so natural and uncontrived.

If tou get the super odor eaters your shoes will be fine, and if you also want to stop the sweating try this:

go to a drugstore and pick up a bottle of DRYSOL, apply it to the soles of your feet before you go to sleep and it will siginifgantly reduce if not eliminate the foot sweating, and then you can truly pull off the comfortable, nonchalant look of sockless shoes.

Nothing looks better than a pair of sockless driving mocs or Eras in the summertime.