Studio D'Artisans stretch/shrink

partytaco

I would just order your waist size. I think jeans that are sized down usaully don't fit right, since the fly buckles, the jean center gets skewed, and then the stretched ass messes up the back pockets. If you're jeans don't need to stretch, they won't.

I understand that you need to size down in some brands, where the actual waist varies from the tagged waist, but this is not the case with most Japanese jeans.

I also think that you should buy the fit that you're looking for and not try to change how a jean fits by playing around with the sizing.

$.02

I would just order your waist size. I think jeans that are sized down usaully don't fit right, since the fly buckles, the jean center gets skewed, and then the stretched ass messes up the back pockets. If you're jeans don't need to stretch, they won't.

I understand that you need to size down in some brands, where the actual waist varies from the tagged waist, but this is not the case with most Japanese jeans.

I also think that you should buy the fit that you're looking for and not try to change how a jean fits by playing around with the sizing.

$.02

This would be great and all, but for people who plan on wearing their jeans for over 3 months without washing, even a correctly fitted jean will stretch out over the first two weeks or so. I do agree with you that one should buy the correct fit instead of messing with the sizing to get the saggy or tight fit.

word up roland

correctly fitted jeans get looser after a while of wearing, no big deal

undersized jeans look like the wearer is trying too hard and never really fit right

if you want tight jeans get ones with lycra in them

i know i've never thought any of my jeans were too loose on me

i always get the same waist size and none have ever stretched too much

and i've never worried about sizing (except for length)

don't you wish you were me?

my 2¢

i'm thinking of getting a pair of 103's, but i have the same question as partytaco. the studio d'artisan 103 thread has some descrepencies in people's experiences. most people say that the jeans shrink to tag size after a warm soak, but minya's pair came in at tag size, and then shrunk 2 inches. was that just a fluke?