Indigo dyed jeans, makes, models etc

viv1984viv

After wearing sum selvedge jeans I feel indigo is the most important part, I have sum indigo selvedge howies and they are my favourite, cos of how they fade, Im sure apc are indigo dyed ( and cannot wait to try sum on for fit ) but could people let me know which other makes are indigo dyed, which edwins? Are the cheap monday raws indigo or just raw.

Sorry if this has already been covered.

yeah, but all my not so nice blue jeans dont fade like my "indigo jeans", I expect indigo is used in all blue jeans, but ive read on superdenim that alot of jeans have hundreds of different dyes and chemicals added to get a certain look. Should I presume my nice selvedge indigos are dyed using just indigo and my lesser denims dyed with all sorts of shit that doesnt fade or transfer etc.

So I guess the question im asking is which brands use pure indigo.

( can I presume nudie drys and apc use pure indigo??? Does cheap monday? Does edwin??? )

yeah, but all my not so nice blue jeans dont fade like my "indigo jeans", I expect indigo is used in all blue jeans, but ive read on superdenim that alot of jeans have hundreds of different dyes and chemicals added to get a certain look. Should I presume my nice selvedge indigos are dyed using just indigo and my lesser denims dyed with all sorts of shit that doesnt fade or transfer etc.

So I guess the question im asking is which brands use pure indigo.

( can I presume nudie drys and apc use pure indigo??? Does cheap monday? Does edwin??? )

no, no, no, and no. at least to my knowledge. pure indigo jeans will run you at least $200. most are around the $300-800 mark. do a search on natural indigo and a thread should turn up.

ok, so what ur saying coldrice is that apc, edwin, nudie have no jeans that are pure indigo??

I dont want to pay for natural indigo cos im not to bothered about the historical facet of the dye, however I do like the way indigo ( synthetic and natural ) behaves and wears. I read on the natural vs synthetic thread that the only difference is heritage and that they both wear exactly the same, except sythetic has a red tinge whereas natural green.

So are there any brands that use pure synthetic indigo????

( brands available in europe? )

ill take that as a yes, so the jeans ive been disapointed with ( admittedly diesel and dickies etc..) when they say indigo they mean indigo looking colour, not actually dyed with indigo, synthetic or otherwise.

So am I right to presume better brands like nudie and apc and the like, when they say indigo, mean that they are actually dyed with indigo, just indigo?

listen, if they are not natural indigo jeans, they are synthetic indigo. your diesels, dickies, and basically all the jeans you see at the mall are synthetic indigo. natural indigo is reserved for flagship models of hardcore denim brands.

didn't you say your read the natural vs. synthetic indigo thread? read it again.

don't mean to be a dick, it is just my nature

hugs/kisses

ill take that as a yes, so the jeans ive been disapointed with ( admittedly diesel and dickies etc..) when they say indigo they mean indigo looking colour, not actually dyed with indigo, synthetic or otherwise.

So am I right to presume better brands like nudie and apc and the like, when they say indigo, mean that they are actually dyed with indigo, just indigo?

no, diesels are dyed with real indigo. indigo != indigo, there are big differences between different indigoes and different indigo dyes.

the conclusion from the natural/synthetic indigo thread was not that there is a difference in how they fade, but that nothing could be concluded. One pair of natural indigo jeans might fade diffently than a pair of synthetic indigo jeans, but that does not mean that the difference is because of the origin of the indigo. Before you can draw a conclusion all else must be equal.

I'm still of the opinion that natural indigo yields a subtler fade. check out these one year, one wash veggie RRs from mynudies.com:

album.php?smartor_mode=album_showpage&full=&pic_id=778

A lot of people are saying there is no difference between the RRDS and Veggies, except the dye. I am skeptical because the selvage lines are different. But still...