Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

• 3 months later...

Those jeans are great, Seatiger. Cna I put them on the 501 visual guide thread?

Re the early query on fit, the 501 was redesigned around 2003 - more of a 1947 shape and a straighter leg. The reply about the blank red tag with just the 'R' is correct, it's a copyright device to protect the use of the red tag, regardles of what's written on it.

I believe the 501 has used Ring/OE from 1983 - I'm sure it's not OE/OE, although there might have been changes recently, and there are so many different options now it's impossible to know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Those jeans are great, Seatiger. Cna I put them on the 501 visual guide thread?

Re the early query on fit, the 501 was redesigned around 2003 - more of a 1947 shape and a straighter leg. The reply about the blank red tag with just the 'R' is correct, it's a copyright device to protect the use of the red tag, regardles of what's written on it.

I believe the 501 has used Ring/OE from 1983 - I'm sure it's not OE/OE, although there might have been changes recently, and there are so many different options now it's impossible to know for sure.

Hi Paul T, please feel free to use any of the pics, its my pleasure! Sorry for the late reply, havent been logging on for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DSCN0054.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

These are a size 35/36 and i would esitmate are currently a 34. my natural waist is a 33 and they shrink to a 33 when washed, but stretc back out pretty quick. The seat and upper thigh area was loose early and felt really boxy, but now the fit is decent. Wearing will definitely make the fit better. Any more questions just ask. The inseam is most likely a 33 to 34 now as well. I'm 6' tall and 185. I could probably get exact measurements, but i'm being lazy now.

• 2 weeks later...

I usually wear 32 with levis as well as other brands, but I require a belt for the jeans to just sit on top of my ass. Size 31 is a bit too small however. If I get size 33 STF, knowing they shrink at least an inch in the waist, will they fit just right? I like the way iWong and SLEEZY shrunk their jeans, and gonna follow thier method.

But then I read from thomas_highstreet that they dont shrink at all, so maybe i should just get my normal size.

Such a dilemma.

• 5 months later...

some of you might have seen these on SF, but oh well I will show off my Levis 501XX STF anyway!!

Size 32 x 34. 5 months, 1 soak (for shrinking) 2 washes (consecutively because my friend spilled an entire bottle of 7-Up on them right after they were dried.) I wear them almost everyday during the winter time. When spring and summer came I wore them twice a week for baseball....got red dirt all over before I wash them :D

They fit pretty nicely. Definitely not something slim like APC NS (assuming you size down 2~3) It is actually quite relaxed and would look awesome with a pair of chucks. They are also tapered...

imgp1155yx2.jpg

imgp1157ic8.jpg

imgp1156vf2.jpg

imgp1162sh1.jpg

imgp1165ra4.jpg

imgp1169ux7.jpg

when i picked this pair up i noticed that there were some (none in my size) that had no writing on the red tab other than the rights reserved logo in shiny thread.

anyone know what the deal is with those ones?

When I called Levi the answer they gave me for this is that it's a counterfeit measure they use. Every 100th pair that is made has a plain Red Tab.

i found a pair of the 501 shrink to fit, but they are capital e, 100% organic denim, selvage and these are for women.

the ones i have are 27x34...ill get pics up as soon as i can. they are a little baggy in the legs, fit the waist tho and are a button fly, straight leg-ish.

i want them to fit to my body better, so soaking in hot water with them on is a good idea?

i found a pair of the 501 shrink to fit, but they are capital e, 100% organic denim, selvage and these are for women.

the ones i have are 27x34...ill get pics up as soon as i can. they are a little baggy in the legs, fit the waist tho and are a button fly, straight leg-ish.

i want them to fit to my body better, so soaking in hot water with them on is a good idea?

yes...shrink to fit?

• 3 weeks later...

So.

I can't find ANY STF's where I live. I've been to TWO Kohls, Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, and a couple local stores/boutiques (Yeah, yeah, that's michigan for you)

Seriously though, I actually want to try these on for a cheap pair of raw denim...Anyone live near me or can recommend any other large store that I might have missed? JCPenney was the closest, because they were the only ones that actually had a lot of 501's hahaha...So sad.

So.

I can't find ANY STF's where I live. I've been to TWO Kohls, Macy's, JCPenney, Sears, and a couple local stores/boutiques (Yeah, yeah, that's michigan for you)

Seriously though, I actually want to try these on for a cheap pair of raw denim...Anyone live near me or can recommend any other large store that I might have missed? JCPenney was the closest, because they were the only ones that actually had a lot of 501's hahaha...So sad.

Sears @ Mall of America has tons of them. They charge $35 usd, dunno shipping costs.

(952) 8530500

I won't whore/repost my stf pics, but I will say I was pretty happy with mine. They seem hit-or-miss, but alot of people have done some great fades with them.

Yeah, Im near metro detroit, towards the Ann Arbor area, and being a college town, seems unusual I cant find anything of raw denim almost anywhere.

But anyways, i got a pair off denimexpress very cheap, and they came today, I might post pics, but maybe not, considering there are a lot of pics out there already...and the results are similar give or take a few

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a pair of STFs in black last weekend. The levis outlet near my house had a bunch of them on sale for 30 bucks.

Is there anything special about the black ones? They look and feel exactly the same, except in color. Hopefully they will look good with some wear.