Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

My STFs now have rust in the thighs after loading steel shelves into my a truck, was too late to get pictures but i'll nab some soon hopefully.

I did a presoak and have been wearing them on/off for about 4 months, going to get a lot of wear this summer, what are you doing for first wash? just normal cold with a little bit of soap?

sayword - that's exactly how i want my 501s to turn out.

Cool, not too sure about color/woolite but I would say hang dry. I stuck my sams into the dryer after a hot wash/no spin and if I left it in there for more than 30, I wouldn't have been surprised if more weird ass creases materialized on the jeans. Good luck with your new 501s

I'll post some new pics after i wash them again which will be in about a month. But I totally agree with you, I've seen 501's that look way better than a lot of $200+ denim.

cman, that is a good fade on that pair.

dude, thats bfl's pair... o.O .. but youre right, they do have good fades.

Picture time! Again, these were worn for 115 days as of May 19th, 2009, one initial hot soak, and on the 19th a hot wash with woolite and hot tumble dry.

From this:

3551786228_f8224e84c2.jpg3551786510_15d61690f0.jpg

To that:

3550977979_e60b4bddf4.jpg

3551787654_8ed6af16f7.jpg

Side by side

3551787098_b154683886.jpg

3550977353_c22f62b448.jpg

3551787814_d4ecebc7b0.jpg

3551788010_883eb1824b.jpg

thanks! The best way to size these is to actually try them on and the fit you are looking for PRESOAK is one that is almost tight in the waist. I probably could have went one more size down but it would have been fairly tight for a few weeks. If you can button the top button and it feels somewhat snug, you should be in the clear.

hahha Indians are my favorite team overall and Cubs are my fav national league team and my hometown team. But If a Indians/Cubs WS ever happens, I'm rooting for the tribe all the way, no questions