greentea

How much sleep do you average?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How much sleep do you average?

• 3 hours (zombie)
    • 5 hours
    • 7 hours
    • 8+ hours (hybernation)

Hah...I sorta do something like that...I wake up at like 7am then watch World cup then sleep for a few hours usually after the matches are done then I stay up till about 3am or so. I gotta stop this shit though...I am so fucking tired in the day and I too awake during the night.

i'm in japan right now and the world cup is killing me. i usually stay awake till the last game so i go to bed around 6:30 and have to wake up like 2 hours after for class. then i nap in the afternoon and go out again at night for world cup watching and drinking. i don't think i'm averaging more than like 5 or 6 hours a night since it started, i'm fucking tired.

• 2 weeks later...
i work nights, till 7am, and during the summer i like to be out in the day. So in the summer i get like 4-5 hours a day. it blows, what i see on the clock and what's out the windown don't always seem to match up

the body has an internally running clock

and a separate body clock synchronised by external environmental body clock, primarilly via visual cues trhough the retina.

this info is trasmitted to the suprachiasmatic nuclei (great name for a band if u ask me)

anyway, the short of it is that night shift workers die an average 7years quicker.

so get another job if u wanna live longer, superreaders

• 2 months later...

damn all these people sleep, on weeknights, I onl sleep abut 3 hours, I lay down for at elast 8 so my body can rest, but I'm only asleep for about three. (known because of the nice little alarm clock I watch tick while I do calculus in my head) Weekends I sleep a lot better, like 5-6 hours, prob beause by the time I fall asleep, a few hours later my alarm wakes me up, or I have to pee, and might as well stay up.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

^ I know how that feels. It's fucked up when you can't stay awake no matter what you do. I used to get 3 or 4 if I was lucky when I was working fulltime and going to school. Felt like a zombie most of the time and wasted most of my weekend sleeping. Now that school's over I usually get 7.5 on weekdays, a little more on weekends. Fitter. Happier. More productive.