No more denim...

PG2G

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Denim free since may 06' . More than 6 months, due for my next and last pair for the next year. Samurai s5000bk!1!!1!

I was thinking that too. Well, the s5000bk, not necessarily for next year. No black jeans, need variety.

How much different were they than the AI's? Pretty similar?

They actually restocked the AI's on the website recently. I imagine they must move verrry slowly.

I think if my AI's turn out really nice in the next 3-4 months, I'd seriously consider those Onis. They'd probably be my only pair for the year though. They are expensive, but 1 big shit pair a year is cheaper than the 2-3 normalish pairs people by. And that way I won't get rushed thru the process, hehe.

gordan kept comparing the two, don't know if it was mainly a price point thing or a slubbiness thing. both i believe are natural indigo (could be wrong about the oni's though), but the main selling point of the oni's are the hand dyed by japanese denim legend, who i believe is the same guy as the did the kicking mules. I personally love the boxyier cut of the oni's compared to the more modern pure blues, although I don't remember the fit of the AI's, just remember the waist being tighter for a 30 than I could deal with at the time. It's def something you should go in and handle if possible, the 2 jeans are probably comparable and by no means are you exponentially getting better quality. But it's 1 of 50 in the world, and it would be amazing to wear those into the ground.....no back pocket accurate on these either.

• 3 weeks later...
^ very well done. 6 months is a long time. a very long time. and sumis are some nice jeans to break your spell.

Yeah, needed some diversity. I think I'll only purchase 1 pair in all of 07 (sumi's don't count), that's my goal at least.

Guest engteach

I just pulled the trigger on Dior 21s last night, and that's it for me! I'm working on two projects right now, which will be 3 when the Diors arrive. My goal is to wash two out of the three before buying another pair. I'm thinking around June, perhaps July.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't know if buying contest sams and denimes and then selling them both counts as buying jeans... i suppose it does. but i've stuck with wearing almost solely my sams since july, and i don't plan on buying new jeans until the summer unless i'm just banking, but that's not very likely with spring break and such to worry about. i just might make it a year

wait, no..

don't do it DDML and Digital_Denim!

that's no good for me..

haha...

Guest jeffvyain

i may have just lied to you folk. i just fell off my longboard a little funny today and fell on my lower leg in the sams. now my shin is lighter colored, i got a very small rip in the selvage (i was rockin a cuff), and i ripped out a tiny bit of the chainstitching at the hem. i am SO PISSED at myself. i've fallen on my ass and my hips plenty of times and next to no damage, but today i feel as if i really messed up a good thing. i'm sure i can repair to an extent, but it's gonna be a pain in the ass. shit

• 1 month later...