let knowledge tenderly caress you �or� bringing knowledge and wisdom to the victims

That almost made me cry it was so beautiful.

This is cool also

I am sure that has been posted before, but might as well post it in here, in case you don't like awesomeness.

And if anyone is wondering how that photo kinda came to be it is I believe the highest resolution of space taken as a gigapixel picture, but probably like 1000 gigapixels in that picture. Here is one of paris though.

Click Here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the second one gets me everytime - my mind cannot compute

first one reminds me of an experiment my teacher did at school, something about 2 wooden or steel balls being dropped at the same time but one being kicked to the side so it falls in an arc.

but fuck physics that shit never made any sense to me

you are holding a bullet in one hand, a gun in the other. if you drop the bullet and fire off the gun at the same time - both bullets will land on the floor simultaneously.

At what angle are you holding the gun? How tall are you? What is the caliber of bullet?

I don't think this is true.

At what angle are you holding the gun? How tall are you? What is the caliber of bullet?

I don't think this is true.

Caliber of the bullet is irrelevant. Ifeelasleep is correct, the bullets need to start at the same height, and the one being fired has to be level/straight forward. I don't think most people realize how quickly a bullet from a rifle starts dropping. Here's the Long-Range Trajectory for the venerable old 150 grain Remington Core-Lokt load for the Winchester .30-30

yards: 100 150 200 250 300 400 500

inches: 1.6 zero -4.3 -12.1 -24.0 -64.2 -133.2

The rifle is sighted (zeroed) in to hit right at point of aim at 150 yards. Anything beyond 150 yards is below the muzzle, and at 400 yards the bullet has dropped 64" (over five feet, and is going to be in the dirt by then). With this load the bullet started out with a muzzle velocity of 2390 feet per second, and by 400 yards the velocity has dropped to 1095 feet per second. Wish I knew how to calculate that amount of time it took to cover that 400 yards. But even if the bullet maintained the slow 1095 feet per second over the course of the entire 400 yards, that's covering 365 yards in one second. Since it's starting out with a muzzle velocity more than double that 1095 per second, it's going to cover that 400 yards (and hit the ground) in well under a second.

chiming in on that bullet thing: the bullet dropped has only vertical velocity, and no horizontal velocity, while the bullet fired has both horizontal and vertical velocity. since gravity acts on both equally (assuming the mass of the bullets are the same), they have the same vertical falling velocities so even though the bullet fired is also traveling horizontally, that will not affect the vertical velocity so they will hit the ground at the same time. (wikipedia projectile motion for a quantitative explanation)

ultra nerd shit, this concept was first used by archimedes to increase the accuracy of launched projectiles to defend his city against foreign invaders

Lil B song "The Age of Information" being used in a UC Berkeley Hist. of Information lecture (skip to 13:00 mark)

y3f6lEjTOQY

corY-FZAZog