jeans

hermanos

Good recommendation.

Try the Flat Head 3005. It's a classic 501 style repro. Slim-ish fit and relatively low-rise for a repro. Shrinks to tag size. Super dark denim that crocks like crazy. A combination of the dark, easy-crock dye and the stiffness of the denim make it one of the fastest 'whiskering' jeans of it's genre - the wear marks will come in quick.

O.K. this is a crass commercial announcement, so shoot me if you have to, but quality denim for a big cat isn't always easy to find. Our shop, FactoryPeople in Austin, currently has a pair of PRPS Rinse Basic Boot in a size 42 - beautiful raw denim for $189, slight boot cut, not selvedge but very nice. The denim heads on here should agree that I'm not steering you wrong. At the end of the day, we do this 'cuz we love the stuff.

Evisu is also always a good choice for a big guy...

Quote:

do any of you guys ever get just the regular levis 501 jeans? the ones you pay like $30 for?

just curious.

--- Original message by phr on Jun 5, 2006 05:53 PM

yes both Shrink To Fit levis and Wrangler 13mwz are both regularly mentioned on here and funnily enough, they both cost about 30 US.

I have a pair of said Levis on the way!!

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

172274.jpg

not the best pic, but here you go. the ones you can get now are much lighter color tho. these are vintage, not sure how old, but im thinking 70s from the scovill zipper. the fit is like a 501, but a bit more fitted in the hips and seat, and a little bigger at the hem.

shit...

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 6, 2006 at 07:15 AM

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 6, 2006 at 07:19 AM

Quote:

I was lookin at the mwz's yesterday online and saw them dirt cheap... I dont know how they fit though... the rise looked REALLY high in the picture and I'm not tryin to look like Buster Bluth... any insight from the people who own them?

--- Original message by Number One Gmo on Jun 6, 2006 07:11 AM

I love the 13MWZ. But it is pretty different from any Levi's products including the 501. Think dressy cowboy. They fit more like trousers, with a high-rise, fairly full across the front, seat and thighs. Although fairly full, the seat looks more snug than it actually is. While not a boot cut, they have a straight leg that is wide enough to fit over boots. The denim on the rigid 13MWZ is lighter in color and more blue and less indigo Levi's. Also, it shrinks about 3% as opposed to 10% for the 501. If you want something a little snappier, try the slim fit 936 cowboy cut, which fits a bit like the old orange tab 505 Levi's.

i really wouldnt recommend the new mwz. the color is really bad, unless you want light colored jeans. the denim is indestructible tho. 15oz i think. and i f you d get them, id size up so they sit on your hips, not natural waist. that should take alot of the cowboy out of them.

shit...

I was actually feelin some lighter colored denim... the high rise throws me off, but i can size up... I was honestly just lookin for cheap, raw denim to try my hand with some sanding and a good seawater rinse... just to practice for when my RRGC's (which are only 3 weeks old) start to come into there own

welp, see ya later...

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Hi, anyone knows where to find a Levis STF 501 in Singapore? The assistant at Tampines Mall told me Levis shops are not carrying them already.

--- Original message by seatiger on Jun 16, 2006 08:17 AM

Try Mubarak, the shop in the basement of Peninsula Plaza. Great range, about the only thing they don't have are LVCs. Plus you can bargain a little.

Quote:
Quote:

Hi, anyone knows where to find a Levis STF 501 in Singapore? The assistant at Tampines Mall told me Levis shops are not carrying them already.

Try Mubarak, the shop in the basement of Peninsula Plaza. Great range, about the only thing they don't have are LVCs. Plus you can bargain a little.

--- Original message by patience on Jun 16, 2006 08:25 AM

thanks alot patience, will go there tomorrow

Quote:

i really wouldnt recommend the new mwz. the color is really bad, unless you want light colored jeans. the denim is indestructible tho. 15oz i think. and i f you d get them, id size up so they sit on your hips, not natural waist. that should take alot of the cowboy out of them.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 6, 2006 07:49 AM

they are 13 oz

13MWZ translates to 13 oz Mens With Zipper

Using chain stitch, your train of jeans is fading wind.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by patience on Jun 16, 2006 08:25 AM

thanks patience, they indeed still have some stf. i got 1, not sure if it will fit though

Quote:

Actually, the 13MWZ designation references the 13th jeans prototype that was developed in 1947 by Blue Bell employee Bernard Lichtenstein ('Rodeo Ben'), a Polish tailor who worked closely with cowboys, for designing that particular model.

Jim

--- Original message by Jim Cissell on Jun 16, 2006 10:37 AM

so it's 13th prototype, mens with zipper? or am i reading DDML wrongly? i like nomenclature.