BS United Oni Denim Pics

john11f

I've had my oni blues for about a month now and they still are unique to touch, put on, and wear everything. I wanted some super slubby jeans and the onis fit the bill so I ordered after carefully studying all the pics in this thread, but man until you see them in person and can touch them, it's really hard to describe how unique they are...I don't even care if/how these fade, just the texture alone is worth it...and although all of these pictures are probably as close as you'll get to capturing the slub, I think it will still suprise you the first time you are able to touch some of these.

recommended :)

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^^^^

if i were you i would size down to at least a 31. oni's stretch out miles. for instance, i am a 35 waist and my blue's are size 34. after about a week of wear they measure just under 36" in the waist. so i usually end up having to wash them every couple of weeks to get them back down to a 34 because oni's don't look good sagging in my opinion. i should have got a size 33 instead ... . hope this helps.

i've been wearing my oni blues about 6 months maybe 2 to 3 days a week. i've washed only once and they are just starting to look good. although i broke in my samurai's to where i liked them i was going to go for the iron heart 21 oz next but couldnt decide if i should go with the sami blacks or wear the sugar cane hawaii's a little more or the union stars or the sam 3000's. Decided to keep not even worry about my flat heads for now. But when i got my oni blues which was a denim i ordered only cuz it was cheaper than all the rest i instantly was shocked at the way the denim feels. So as of the past siz months all those denim i was having trouble thinking of wearing are currently hanging dormant in my closet while i wear my oni's and rotate the sam's and hawaii's.

currently my oni's are on hold though cuz of a tear through the seam of the button fly but as soon as i get time to sow it up they'll be right back on. i think this happened cuz of the massive amount of sweating these things have gone through.

if your thinking of getting the oni blues i recommend true to size for a regular fit or size down one for a more fitted. i wish i had picks of them but have not yet gotten the chance to take pics of anything. tommorow i'm giving my hawaii's their 1st wash and hopefully will sew up the oni's.

^^^

What's there left to do but answer sizing questions for noobs? The progression is complete from Nudie/APC to top shelf Japanese brands; there's nothing else for the veterans to discover and discuss anymore.

Before it was "Here's this great new brand (insert Sugarcane, PBJ, Samurai, Skull, Oni, etc.)" and someone would buy a pair and then the Superfuture groupthink would take over and everyone would need a pair, which would spawn pages and pages of speculation, fit pictures, and sizing anxiety.

Now that we have all acclimated to the best denim and leather goods being currently produced, there is nowhere else to go. In other words, it has become easy.

That was not about Oni in the least, but it needed to be said.

^^^

What's there left to do but answer sizing questions for noobs? The progression is complete from Nudie/APC to top shelf Japanese brands; there's nothing else for the veterans to discover and discuss anymore.

Before it was "Here's this great new brand (insert Sugarcane, PBJ, Samurai, Skull, Oni, etc.)" and someone would buy a pair and then the Superfuture groupthink would take over and everyone would need a pair, which would spawn pages and pages of speculation, fit pictures, and sizing anxiety.

Now that we have all acclimated to the best denim and leather goods being currently produced, there is nowhere else to go. In other words, it has become easy.

That was not about Oni in the least, but it needed to be said.

Overall I agree, but I also think there are plenty of small Japanese denim companies left to discover, and lots more cuts to have sizing anxiety about.

For example, I haven't seen anyone here pick up a pair of Eight-G 803-XX or 880, (both of which look pretty nuts) and we have yet to get definitive answers about the sizing of Steam Locomotives (which I'm dying to see). And there are lots more.

I think we all have to stay vigilant about discovering new brands as that's a lot of the fun -- for me anyway.

Overall I agree, but I also think there are plenty of small Japanese denim companies left to discover, and lots more cuts to have sizing anxiety about.

For example, I haven't seen anyone here pick up a pair of Eight-G 803-XX or 880, (both of which look pretty nuts) and we have yet to get definitive answers about the sizing of Steam Locomotives (which I'm dying to see). And there are lots more.

I think we all have to stay vigilant about discovering new brands as that's a lot of the fun -- for me anyway.

yeah but the guy is right. once you've tried them all they all seem somewhat the same except for each one might have something a lil different. i was just saying that the texture of the oni blues is a lot different than all the other japanese denime i've seen and the fit questions are tedious, if you stick to your true waist size then you'll be just fine for any japanese denim out there.

seriously? I think they might be the first backpocket design that I actually HATE....not only the selvage factor, but the design as well.

to each their own though...someone has to buy them!

I agree here. The fact that the cheapest Oni Reds are the only ones with a decent back pocket pretty much seals the deal. One more crotch blowout on my bike and I am DONE with slim jeans. Wish the Kabuki came in the red fit though. I'd totally pull off the selvage arcs and call it a day.

Edit: On further examination, what the fuck kind of ugly-ass Gucci/Christmas bullshit is that?

fuck the backpocket design samurai almost got me to pay them 500 bucks for something oni has done for a lot cheaper...and with a better fit (number one factor imo).

I don't know yet. I mean, a lot of the allure of the natural indigo pants is the amount of effort that goes into them. That and the durability of the dye due to it penetrating to the core of the yarn.

Since synthetic and natural indigo are chemically equivalent and all that, I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing. I mean, it seems like Oni (or someone) found a way to reduce the natural indigo dying process down to exactly like the synthetic indigo process. I don't quite get the point.

I don't know yet. I mean, a lot of the allure of the natural indigo pants is the amount of effort that goes into them. That and the durability of the dye due to it penetrating to the core of the yarn.

Since synthetic and natural indigo are chemically equivalent and all that, I'm a bit perplexed by this whole thing. I mean, it seems like Oni (or someone) found a way to reduce the natural indigo dying process down to exactly like the synthetic indigo process. I don't quite get the point.

You're correct in that much of the appeal/price has to do with the fact that natural indigo requires hand-dying, whereas these guys are machine-dyed, which of course reduces the cost greatly. I don't personally see any advantage of having natural indigo other than the historical appreciation and "art" aspects of the dying process.

well if the samurais arent hand dyed why are they so much? gold hardware and "extra thick patch"? bullshit.

whatever though i think its cool how oni put out a nonslubby jean and tried to be innovative while they did it.

Im interested to see if natural indigo fades differently then synthetic if the jeans are both rope dyed...hmmm.

seriously? I think they might be the first backpocket design that I actually HATE....not only the selvage factor, but the design as well.

to each their own though...someone has to buy them!

yeah ... it seems like im the only that likes the design. still waiting to hear back from gordon on whether or not they stretch like their slubby jeans. ill post my pics straight in the ugliest jean forum to save myself the rejection FROM YOU PEOPLE! :)