Headporter Products. Tell Me All You Know Please!

Aotearoa

• 9 months later...

has anyone been to the hp store in nyc as of late? want to know how their selection is. i'm looking to pick up a brownie bean shoulder bag. any info would be greatly appreciated.

Any info on the status on porter/HP products on ebay? A few weeks ago I saw a bag that I was really interested in. It was a three way bag; could be worn as a backpack, sling bag or a duffle. It had a relatively low price (US$50 starting bid) and shipped from Australia. Anyone know if this is a fake or does this model actually exist?

nothing against australians

but i bought a tee from a seller in australia

but the item was shipped from china.

i was like wtf. lol pwn3d fake.

it was only 15 bucks so it wasn't a big deal anyway

i'd stay away from "easily fakable" japanese products sold from australia

e.g. supreme, fenom, HP

Any info on the status on porter/HP products on ebay? A few weeks ago I saw a bag that I was really interested in. It was a three way bag; could be worn as a backpack, sling bag or a duffle. It had a relatively low price (US$50 starting bid) and shipped from Australia. Anyone know if this is a fake or does this model actually exist?

yea, those models do exist, although i dont think they are very functional. i would never wear it as a backpack cause it just wouldnt look right.

but, yea, be wary of sellers from australia.

the prices there were insane though... a nylon ipod case was $130!

Wow! I picked up my Porter Nano case for $35 from Apple Osaka. That's a pretty big jump!

My Porter wallet was about the same price too...although it wasn't HEAD Porter, just Porter. Nonetheless, the Head porter wallets were in the area of $45, which I think is terribly reasonable (from the HP annex store in Harajuku).

As far as other prices go...the HP sunglasses were like $75 and a HP button-up ran me $112...great quality at a great price. Shit, I sound like a commercial. They should pay me!

And in response to the person who noted that a majority of people/business people carry Head Porter...just to clarify they have [just] Porter, which was explained as the parent company to the more trendy HP.

ps

The girl working at the HP store in Harajuku is CUTE. I tried to bust undercover snap shots but if she caught me she could have sent some bosozuku to kick my ass.

Wow! I picked up my Porter Nano case for $35 from Apple Osaka. That's a pretty big jump!

My Porter wallet was about the same price too...although it wasn't HEAD Porter, just Porter. Nonetheless, the Head porter wallets were in the area of $45, which I think is terribly reasonable (from the HP annex store in Harajuku).

As far as other prices go...the HP sunglasses were like $75 and a HP button-up ran me $112...great quality at a great price. Shit, I sound like a commercial. They should pay me!

And in response to the person who noted that a majority of people/business people carry Head Porter...just to clarify they have [just] Porter, which was explained as the parent company to the more trendy HP.

ps

The girl working at the HP store in Harajuku is CUTE. I tried to bust undercover snap shots but if she caught me she could have sent some bosozuku to kick my ass.

1) i've seen her. she is cute as hell. she might be one of the cutest SAs around there.

2) I was looking at a PORTER slug bag (it's like a digi-cam / cell phone case) at beams and it was like 35-50 dollars. I went to atmos on the same day and saw another slug bag that has an atmos label. Guess how much it was? 10,000 yen.

There are some models that are HP exlusive but some items e.g. slug bag, passport case are both sold at porter (kurachika yoshida) and head porter.

the stuff sold in the latter is(Even though they are same) more expensive.

the only difference is the little HP label and the guarantee card.

yea, those models do exist, although i dont think they are very functional. i would never wear it as a backpack cause it just wouldnt look right.

but, yea, be wary of sellers from australia.

I have a Stussy 3 way backpack thats like the Head Porter. I usually wear it as a backpack. The only difference between the two is the the stussy's handles jut out and are stiff compared to the smaller/soft handles of the HP one. It looks fine on my back.

I've actually wanted to buy the HP one after seeing a fobby Asian dude wearing the 3 way here in Flushing and it looked pretty good. However, I found the Stussy online for $50 so I decided I'd rather save $250 buying the Stussy one.

nothing against australians

but i bought a tee from a seller in australia

but the item was shipped from china.

i was like wtf. lol pwn3d fake.

it was only 15 bucks so it wasn't a big deal anyway

i'd stay away from "easily fakable" japanese products sold from australia

e.g. supreme, fenom, HP

This is how we roll. :o

So I am still kind of confused about Porter/HeadPorter. I understand the relationship and all with Porter being the parent company but which one has better quality products? Are they both relatively the same and they just market to different clientele?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone had any experience with the Head Porter/Bagjack messenger bag? Thinking of getting it but not entirely sure about the construction. It seems that the strap is not made of the typical Head Porter materials (which look good enough but are not entirely heavy duty) enough. If it's got the Bagjack name on it then it should at least be pretty tough, right?