what did you get for XMAS

e0d9n0b5

What I got:

$100 from the 'rents.

Box of sour keys from my nieces. (I get one every year. <3)

Club monaco scarf and socks from my family exchange partner.

Glossary/book of local foodie spots, timex watch, gold zippo, some oban in a bottle i've never seen before, planet earth + deep blue sea box set(!) and blowjay vouchers from the gf. She also got me something really expensive which didn't arrive in time but I'm supposed to get on the 30th. Probably jawnz.

Lots of Ferrero Rocher.

What I gave:

Paid $200 on each of my parents' plane tickets to the Philippines.

Filson duffle for my brother to bring on the trip.

Mad men season 1 + bamboo tea pot thing + david's tea loose leaf set for my family exchange partner.

Nail kit for one of my nieces and a princess stencil drawing thing for the other.

Wings and horns blanket, cocoa therapy body butter, tiffany's fish pendant designed by frank gehry and the 3-set of malin candles. vetiver, cannabis and i forgot the third scent for the gf.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad men season 1 + bamboo tea pot thing + david's tea loose leaf set for my family exchange partner.

Nail kit for one of my nieces and a princess stencil drawing thing for the other.

Wings and horns blanket, cocoa therapy body butter, tiffany's fish pendant designed by frank gehry and the 3-set of malin candles. vetiver, cannabis and i forgot the third scent for the gf.

this is good

what i gave

dad:highland park 12 yr, 6 pack for his gf

mom: set of opinel knives

brothers: gift certs from the store i work at

girlfriend: naked & famous cardi

got my parents: 2 bottles of margaux, 2003 and 2004.

my brother: xbox 360 so he has to play dancing games with his wife

my girl: dries van noten purse, canon powershot, taking her to paris for fashion week, subscription to the gothic lolita bible

my other friends: jurassic park 3 dvd set, some rick owens outerwear, etc etc.

Guest naknakBeast

ll bean watch.

rice cooker.

utensils for the crib.

red sox jacket.

I heart house music t shirt.

cash flow.

i hate getting mid adult gifts. wish i was still in mommys house.

Girlfriend got me a nice pair of Crockett and Jones, and a limited edition bottle of Glenfiddich (oloroso cask finish) for Christmas, and then bought me a $1200 dinner for my birthday (same day)...

she knows what I like :o

this is good

what i gave

dad:highland park 12 yr, 6 pack for his gf

mom: set of opinel knives

brothers: gift certs from the store i work at

girlfriend: naked & famous cardi

Good stuff. Not a big fan of Christmas as much as I am a fan of giving people gifts. Call it lame but the reactions people get is one of the little things in life I live for.

Either way, I'm really excited to see what she got me. Apparently I fucked up by cancelling dinner on the girlfriend tonight (had to let the landlord in to fix the furnace) because she picked it up my final gift from the UPS center. Tomorrow!

Girlfriend got me a nice pair of Crockett and Jones, and a limited edition bottle of Glenfiddich (oloroso cask finish) for Christmas, and then bought me a $1200 dinner for my birthday (same day)...

she knows what I like :o

While I will rep you for the whiskey, which you can enjoy for many years to come if you're careful, there is to me no excuse for spending $1200 on a single meal for two people. Next time tell the rich girlfriend to donate the $1200 to a food kitchen or something and just go get burgers at corner bistro.

And give me the $300 whiskey. :)

from mother: $50, paradise of the blind - duong thu houng

from father: blanket

from brother: tropic of cancer - henry miller

from grandmother: $50

gave:

ray a young bear poetry to my dad

steven conn to mom

kafka to my brother (who has law school ambitions)

wittgenstein to my half brother

francis bacon book to my little sister

f#a#∞ and requiem for a dream/pi to my dad's girlfriend's kids

"when the mountains tremble" dvd to my mom's ex

An oil change and a full brake job. Fucking Super Duty stuff. Unbelievable. On the upside I got to watch my wife open her things, and I did wake up to a bottom fridge shelf filled with ribbon-adorned Asahi Black.

What I got:

$100 from the 'rents.

Box of sour keys from my nieces. (I get one every year. <3)

Club monaco scarf and socks from my family exchange partner.

Glossary/book of local foodie spots, timex watch, gold zippo, some oban in a bottle i've never seen before, planet earth + deep blue sea box set(!) and blowjay vouchers from the gf. She also got me something really expensive which didn't arrive in time but I'm supposed to get on the 30th. Probably jawnz.

Lots of Ferrero Rocher.

What I gave:

Got it last week but forgot about the post. Ended up getting a CDG wallet -- 3-side zip with the coin compartment inside in black reptile and a NDG field scarf!