So let me get this straight!!

I've just stumbled upon this site and now have picked up another obsession...jeans....So I've done my searches and reading up on all the basics, so I don't inflame anyone with a common question.....

I've been looking for some jeans like what everyone here aspires to get, that worn whiskers/honeycomb vintage look. But after reading this forum I realised that the look is intentionally obtained over long periods of time. (I had no idea. I'd buy jeans and wash them once a week from the get go).

Anyway... I own a pair of Diesel - Shazor W30 L30, 2 months old and am soon to buy some Nudies. (And will use my Diesels as a guinea pig. So let me get this straight.

To obtain whiskers & Honeycombs....

1. I am going to spray starch on the back of my knees and around my crotch, whilst wearing them, sit down on the computer for awhile so knees and crotch are bent and read this site. Do this 1 every 2 weeks.

2. I also can rub a piece of wet denim around these areas.

3. After about 6 months or more I will wash them.

a. I wash them in Hot Water if I want to have the dye fade more so the inital contrast in whisker area is stronger and for them to shrink a bit. Either 40 or 60 degrees. OR

b. I wash them in Cold Water, I retain more dye and keep starching and try not to wash for awhile to get those whiskers even more defined OR

c. Get them Dry Cleaned. Whats the advantage of this for whiskers?

4. If I want to wear in my own jeans, when buying I should look for ones that are Dry or Grey cast? Nothings been done to them, is this Raw? (I'm a bit confused here)

Okay if anyone could comment on either points....well...thanks heaps. Great site BTW!!!

Luke

I don't see an image... or maybe I just don't get it?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...