why go dry?

shagnscoob

no doubt a lot of you guys have been in the situation in which someone says-

'you havent washed those jeans in months have you? thats disgusting, why not?'

i feel like explaining the inner workings of dry jeans only serves to sound foolish, and im wondering what other members say when they are confronted.

I usually tell them, "because I am a geek and spend too much money on jeans!" Nah really I tell them, "because I am cooler than you and if you don't know then you wouldn't get it." Hell I don't ever get that question. Most people that know me already know I don't wash my jeans. I never have really and after blowing money on high end jeans, i probably never will again.

people never ask. if they did i dont think they would get it.

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Guest Airjamie

Actually, its to my understanding that most of the people who would ask that question are usually around 35 and under. I remember when I switched to wearing dry denim about 2 years ago I was home on reak from school and my dad commented on how nice they looked and how he "hadnt seen a pair built like that in years". The best part about it is right after that he told me to hold off washing them as long as I could. I was totally dumbfounded that he was already up on a trend that i was already hip to, he explained that when he was a kid he and everyone he knew got a new pair of jeans at the beginning of each school year and that they would hold off washing as long as they could so that everyone would know they were new, this would usually last a couple of months. I assume that this lasted until prewashed or broken in jeans started to become popular so people saw nothing wrong with washing frequently.

Guest Airjamie

Trust me dude, questions about washing arent that bad at all. Since i moved to South Carolina I have had some of the most mindnumbingly stupid inquiries about clothing imaginable. For instance, the other day i was at a party and some random chick remarked that "that boys britches is too tight!!!" I shit you not. Fucking britches. And this was at a party for post-grads. I couldnt fucking believe it. I told her i was sorry but my potato bag pants with the pinned on shoulder strap and the shotgun shells in the pocket were at the cleaners so i had to wear my backup diors instead....................britches

Guest Airjamie

$250. Got em from white trash anthony who occasionally posts on here. They are only about 2 weeks old and are honeycombing like crazy. I dont think grammar even exists in the south, I have professors that use the word Y'all. And this is political theory, so youd hope the years spent reading classics would have influenced their speaking habits.

wow this bodes ill for my compatriots in my program at College Park, MD...ah well...ignorance exists all over the world...

Bargain on the Diors...are they made in Japan?...what color?

"One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star" - Nietzsche

Quote:

wow this bodes ill for my compatriots in my program at College Park, MD...ah well...ignorance exists all over the world...

Bargain on the Diors...are they made in Japan?...what color?

--- Original message by derdankhund on May 15, 2006 05:06 PM

haha dont worry about maryland man, that is about far enough north that you wont get anything like that. Come a little down south though and you'll hear plenty of it.

hahahahaha

i just quit my job but for the last 7 or 8 months i have been working at Timberland Clothing, but i dont own a single article of thier clothing or any of the footwear and i always wear tight jeans and EVERYONE i worked with thought i was a total weirdo because i dont wash my jeans. and they always used to hassle me on how tight they always were.

feels good to be out of there. haha

call it what you want..