The Flat Head 3001

fadeaway

I finally got my flat head 3001's in a size 29. After 2 hot soaks and 48 min dryer(Modes:white&color(normal mode) + Last 20 minute in delicate mode)

and the fit is pretty much spot on what I wanted. Just the length of it is still a tad long, but MUCH MUCH better. A fair amount of stacking.

thanks to everybody who helped me size, much appreciated. I will post pics when I get my friend's camera. I want to apply for the position of 3001 Jr. haha...

btw, ^stuartSAn

I am 5'4-5'5 and I am 128-130lbs. I am pretty skinny I gotta say, and i got a size 29. In straight cuts, I bought the Nudies Average Joes in a size 28 which the waist was a snug fit, so the fit was spot on. It was not hard to button. The next pair I got was Sugar Canes Okinawas in a size 28 also. That was a pain in the butt to button, I think I could've gotten a size 29.It was a struggle to button But...however, when I stretched the waist overnight, it was more loose fit and after that I think I've made the right purhcase in a size 28 fit. I'll take pictures of me in my nudies, okis, and the new 3001's and you can be the judge. Unfortunately, I do not have Pre-Soak pictures of me in the 3001's. All I can say was the 29's looked big at first, in length and the thigh area; not the look that the 3001's was suppose to give you. But after 2 hot soaks + 1 dryer session, it came out good.

I think you can get away with a size 29 IMO

UPDATE:4/15/08

I'm kind of contemplating about the texture and the durability of these Jeans. I am not sure if this is due to the two hot soaks and the 48 minute hot dryer sessions, but the texture of the jeans has become rough, not stiff, but rough. When you first buy the pair, that is a stiff feeling. When I wear it, it feels like the treads are like dipped into liquid nitrogen or something and it could split any minute.The outer inseam(the selvedage part) threads are more apparent. I was wondering if this is normal or if I should cold soak it and then let it air dry.

Yeah there's that last millimeter where you usually don't pull up.... you kind of just need to lift your jeans up by the top button and get the zipper up all the way then lock it down.

Blaow.

I know exactly what you mean mr. invincible... The outseams always seem to be stretching apart and the crotch as well but the F310's have the poly core thread so you should be alright...

On the other hand, I already blew a couple stitches where my butt rubbed against pavement sittng on the curb the other day. One of the stitches is the outside sew line right where the middle up and down seam meets the side to side seam above the pockets (if that makes ANY sense at all)... Another stitch or two went out there and I also popped one on the pocket on the inside of the left pocket.

I'm not too concerned about the pocket but the seam meeting a seam is one of the highest stress points on the jeans and I'm afraid that if something isn't done about it they will completely fall apart. Anyone else had this happen?

fix it or leave it?

and by the way... The color these things fade to is freakin amazing... I love them more and more each day!

i didn't get the F310s.....they're 3001s.

I have to agree with you, these things are awesome. It makes me want to get the F310 but the cut is too similar so i might just get the f380s. I would just fix it on the safe side. I haven't seen any fading yet, must be the hot soak + dryer....

don't get both... The 3001 and f310 are the SAME cut.

If anything try to find the SExFH or something.

ah, I didnt realize you got the 3001, fading should come easy though, mine had a 4 hour hot soak too and even after a couple weeks of part time wear I'm getting that beautiful electric blue color poking through at the combs and whiskers..

On the other hand, I already blew a couple stitches where my butt rubbed against pavement sittng on the curb the other day. One of the stitches is the outside sew line right where the middle up and down seam meets the side to side seam above the pockets (if that makes ANY sense at all)... Another stitch or two went out there and I also popped one on the pocket on the inside of the left pocket.

I'm not too concerned about the pocket but the seam meeting a seam is one of the highest stress points on the jeans and I'm afraid that if something isn't done about it they will completely fall apart. Anyone else had this happen?

fix it or leave it?

Leave it until you need to fix it.

• 2 weeks later...

So ive been wearing these over my okis and nudies for maybe...2-3 weeks now and havent seen any subtle fading at all. even with the honeycombs, they arent set in and just fades away. I hope it isn't because i put them in the dryer after hot-soaking these?

Trying hard to keep this thread alive..after Sid's retirement/\....

2443253096_9697b1ac2a.jpg

Looking good man. I am approaching my one month marker and want to try and get some progress shots, but it is hard to get the camera to actually pick up some of the fades without strong direct sunlight.

How much wear do you have on yours?

So if I have my 3001s sagged even the slightest bit, some of the denim in the ass clicks back and forth as I walk. I've put a month of work into these and they have softened up a good deal, and I can't really tell where it is even popping.

Has anyone else had this happen? Not a big deal, just wondering.

It's quite normal..especially if you wear a bigger wallet....the lower ass part gets more saggy - while the upper part ( pocket part) stays pretty tight....you move - and it clicks...

BTW - answer to the evo question - worn for about 4 months total - 1 wash...

to all the F310/3001 owners out there~

have you notice that after ur first wash the jeans stretch dramaticly? coz I down sized 2 (stupid of me) to a size 30 and now after a wash at 4 months they at sitting on almost 33.5 waist....just want to ask if thats normal coz its almost falling off me now compare to pre wash which I couldnt really sit

to all the F310/3001 owners out there~

have you notice that after ur first wash the jeans stretch dramaticly? coz I down sized 2 (stupid of me) to a size 30 and now after a wash at 4 months they at sitting on almost 33.5 waist....just want to ask if thats normal coz its almost falling off me now compare to pre wash which I couldnt really sit

Really? Thats good to hear, 'cos mine are still a touch tight after 5 months and i've only soaked them thus far.

How did you wash them? What temp. etc??

i'm still waiting for flat head to make a run of 3001 with a 36" postsoak inseam.

but i doubt that this will happen anytime soon... :(

That would be called the SExFH05…

No, really.

i'm still waiting for flat head to make a run of 3001 with a 36" postsoak inseam.

but i doubt that this will happen anytime soon... :(

Summer....