The Great Roy World Tour

Medine

it almost sounds like shooter wants to turn them into jorts. haha.

Yeah. Ha..... ha.....

Here's some shots from this week from the big cam. Only had good conditions on the first day, it was crystal clear as you can see...after that, we got about 19" of snow over 2 days...which was amazing for skiing, but sucked for shooting. Did a very long snowshoe hike on Friday, the last pic is from that.

Took this from the condo right as we arrived on Wednesday.

5361289099_af17f0a6a1_z.jpg

They were making snow all week, only anticipating about 4" of snow during the end of the week, surprise surprise we get freakin' 20" of powder!

5361290217_17bbab3381_z.jpg

some foliage catching the sunset.

5361904814_80cfbb358a_z.jpg

Obligatory north shore beautiful sunset...

5361293177_309e5f0460_z.jpg

Sven and Ole's Pizzeria in Grand Marais, MN...not the best pizza I've ever had, but definitely the best within about 250 miles of there.

5361907362_91fd848446_z.jpg

our Ufda 'Za, with everything.

5361295675_24a2c35d99_z.jpg

me skiing some powder...this place is by far the best skiing you can get in the midwest, nothing great compared to just about anywhere, but they've got 4 "mountains" to ski, and the nice thing is it is very open, so you can ski trees and powder off of the groomed runs without much trouble. I chose to do this most of the time, as the groomers were pretty boring.

5361293891_59bc02b845_z.jpg

There was a fun chute underneath one of the lifts with a pretty good jump at the end...me at the top.

5361294377_75bb2b291f_z.jpg

on the way down.

5361294643_5f7c819a54_z.jpg

and a pic from snowshoeing, damn near killed us after 3 days of downhill and having to find our way back to the trailhead in the dark, poor planning on my part.

5361911722_2f2d7552c4_z.jpg

cheers guys. oh, i'll get the tape measure out and get that inseam length for you TV...

Thanks for the kind words all. Everything was shot on a Canon 17-40 f/4L. I'm still getting used to it, so it's the only lens I brought up with me. I have the saturation, sharpness, and contrast up a few clicks on my 5DmkII...

I don't mind if you get them hemmed. I don't even care if it is lockstitched or chainstitched.

no pictures as i'm at work, but today is a great day...

as some of you may or may not know, i've been working on a ton of stuff photography related for the past year, in addition to a 9-5 as well as being a full time dad. pretty much the entire time i've been on sufu, and subsequently most of the stuff i've shot during that time has made it up here in some form or other, because, well, its really the only interesting thing i ever do (outside of family time of course).

today (last night really) brought a pretty good culmination to the last year of work. 50,000 shots taken from sept. 2009 until recently have been diluted into a book, consisting of 57 images across 32 pages. a website, which can be viewed here...http://www.zdphotography.com/ also the link in my sig...

(excuse the ads on the header, i'm hosting it for free right now as something to just have up while i develop a flash or html5 site)

It has also spawned my first big(ish) show on 4/4/11 at my alma mater, the University of St. Thomas twin cities. being shown both in downtown minneapolis and on the main campus in St. Paul as well.

anyways, its been really fun sharing my stuff here, as this is, besides flickr, my largest outlet for my photography. Obviously i'm new to this whole thing, and this is by far not the work of a true professional photographer and businessman, but for me, its a great start and I look forward to where this leads in the future.

aside from that, and I know that I can't sell personal work on SuFu I would like to invite any of you who would like to purchase my book to please contact me via email, you can find it on my website...oh I guess you could PM me as well. I would love to print books for any of you who wish to buy one. unfortunately they're a bit expensive, I wish they were cheaper, but i'm having them printed 1 by 1 so the cost to me is high. Maybe if there's enough interest I can get a bulk order, which would be killer! it is an 11" x 8.5" hard cover, bound and jacketed, 32 pages. I'll let you know the cost via email or PM if you holler at me...

thanks everybody for the props the last year and a half, it has been an inspiration to keep pushing myself to create. if you guys want, i can post up some excerpts from the book for you this weekend so you can see what you'd be paying for :D

Watched the slide show and your lighting is spot on, especially in the night pictures, keep doing that and youll be successful.

How do you find subjects? I always liked to wander around and take pictures, but now I live in the middle of the hood so im not trying to do that.

i didn't know TV was a never-nude!??

Indeed my friend(s), it was revealed to me last year during tvshooter & i's epic FH3001 & OOE World Tours collision that he is a never nude. I tried to prescribe him Euphorazine to combat the condition, but sadly it had been pulled from the market.

edit:

Putting this here for no good reason other than i just figured out how to make gifs in PS

Roy.gif

alright. just want to say sorry for not updating in a week. I haven't really been doing much other than work and sleep. and when i was on the internet i was working on my website, setting up a blog (i have no fucking idea why) i guess because i can? and getting things squared away for my upcoming show. i figured i'd throw in a few phone pics from the past week. oh, and if you've checked out the website before check it again, its much more streamlined now, and i like the new look alot...if you haven't been...you can check out a bunch of my work there.

driving out into the smaller suburbs to hang with some college friends the other night. don't see them much anymore as we're all grown up with jobs etc. snow again. fuck.

5389082335_80798cbc3a_z.jpg

driving back the next morning...

5389692762_697a1b1ac7_z.jpg

pic from dinner with the wife the other night...too dark for any other food pics, etc. and a flash inside a cafe is silly.

5389083485_222400e385_z.jpg

recently consumed wine.

5389690880_a2bfc07e00_z.jpg

got shitty with some work friends the other night (damn, been drinking alot lately, this winter and all the late nights are taking their toll...

5389089555_40c17231bc_z.jpg

getting fierce at the bar later that night.

5389090227_7a2e046e31_z.jpg

back to fatherly duties today picking up the little one from pre-school. This post most likely makes me look like an alcoholic dad, as i think there is booze in every pic but the last one, lol. but i assure you, i don't get out often, and when I do, well i like to have a good time. honestly though, waking up this Sunday on my co-workers floor feeling like i was beaten with a shovel doesn't really work for me anymore. nothing better than coming home to the little one running up and giving me a hug (not just when im hung over). She is the coolest kid in town. couple weeks ago when there was talk about young married guys in the waywt (denim) thread got me thinking about just how lucky i am to have the people in my life that i do, and i'm gonna be a happy 39 year old when my daughter is 18 and goes off to college and i can spend all those years of youth i lost later in life! i feel bad for my poor parents, they had me late and had to put up with me until they were almost 60!

5389091371_8a93e2d8f7_z.jpg

cheers guys, i'll try to run this one out to the end with a bunch of posts this week.

oh, and if you are into folk, alt country, indie, (if you are you've heard this already i'm sure) but definitely pick up the new Iron and Wine album, it is really, really good and I can't stop listening to it.

here's a link to a stream of it from his website.

thumbnail_8.jpg

http://www.ironandwine.com/