do you get bored of wearing raw denim?

Getting very bored wearing my Nashvilles and 47s at the moment.

Alternate between the two throughout the week.

Neither have been washed yet, but progress is SLOW..

getting bored of wearing 'new look' raw jeans all the time now. Would 'take a day off', but then think: thats a day I could have broken those jeans in more!!!!!

haha!!! i have a pair of acne mic black trash that i got a few months ago but have never worn b/c i've been so focused on breaking in my dry nudies and canes. i am actually trying to slow down on my RRDS, they are getting kinda booty. the canes seem to be progressing VERY slowly, went on a 5 mile hike in them yesterday and i see no progress at all. my legs were blue though-------i looked like a corpse.

Quote:

yeah, sometimes raw is nice, simply because it goes with all types of outfits.

at the same time though, sometimes I wanna wair something that looks heavily vintaged but i dont have any icon_smile_dead.gif

--- Original message by sneakeraddict on May 1, 2006 05:42 AM

i just wear the ones i broke in already....

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

I'm on my 4th raw denim now. All the previous ones didn't work after 6 months, too much stretching. So yes I've gotten bored with it. I just wear it now whenever I feel like it would look good with my wardrobe and not like 24/7.

raw denim for me is never boring...

its almost like an addiction...i have jeans that i havent even worn yet because im still working on some other jeans...

i will admit that when i first started....i thought the fading and creases would start to show in a couple of days, so i was kind of bored/disappointed with wearing raw denim for the first couple weeks...then once i started noticing some distress marks, it made me want to wear them more and more...

i still like that dark raw indigo color...

Quote: getting bored of wearing 'new look' raw jeans all the time now. Would 'take a day off', but then think: thats a day I could have broken those jeans in more!!!!!

I felt the same way. But now try to imagine your jeans collection in a few years from now, if you break in two or three pairs a year..

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Edited by Tisswat on May 1, 2006 at 09:53 AM

Your progress is slow because you are splitting time between two pair of jeans.

If you focus your efforts on a single pair and don't baby them you will see results.

As far as boredom goes, just keep in mind what your goal is and wear those things. Thats the discipline.

Guest jeffvyain

i don't really see what can be boring about dry denim. They're the same as washed denim but better... All i have to do to work up the courage to put on my jeans every morning is ask myself, "do i want to look good today?" "oh, well i guess i should put on my jeans then." Maybe you just need better fitting jeans?

Guest Montreal

Yeah. Since I got my RR's in February, I've been wearing them 6/days a week. I stopped wearing them last week because I found my old 7's in the back of my closet (hate all you want but these are the best fitting, most comfortable jeans I've owned in a long time) and I've been wearing them a lot lately.

But with that said, I just bought some new Vans today and tried to see how they look with my Nudies and then I remember why I love raw denim!

You guys gotta keep this on the DL, but I've been wearing jeans from...Hollister...

I know, it's crazy, but I'm not gonna lie, they're more comfortable than either of my pairs of raw denim and quite frankly, I like the way they fit.

So yeah, I get bored of wearing raw denim. Sometimes ya just gotta take a break.

I dont understand this "they're comfortable". It's like a when you have no other excuse, you say its comfortable. All jeans are comfortable, no jeans are uncomfortable.

A real reason to get bored is Nudie/apc etc, their denim is slow as hell. Get some japanese.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

Quote:

I dont understand this "they're comfortable". It's like a when you have no other excuse, you say its comfortable. All jeans are comfortable, no jeans are uncomfortable.

A real reason to get bored is Nudie/apc etc, their denim is slow as hell. Get some japanese.

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on May 2, 2006 01:13 AM

Isn't APC Japanese selvage?

reporter: "what do you think about western civilization?"

gandhi: "i think it would be a good idea."

Quote:
Quote:

Isn't APC Japanese selvage?

--- Original message by Tisswat on May 2, 2006 01:49 AM

yes, but they're not that good anyway. the denim is certainly not the same as japanese brands.

the denim of nudies etc is unwashed but not truly raw, it has been singed, sanforized and anti-skewed. maybe this affects the fade too, because I know there is a difference.

våran panel tycker att man ska koka pastan i två år

every once in a while i get bored but its oinly for a day or so then i slap on those dirty ass nudies, or my two month old rescues and keep it goin. cause in the end....its worth it. I have gone through many pairs of dry denim and each time after i wash em, i get started on anopther pair, its just so damn addicting. I dont knwo what it is.

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Quote:

I dunno about you, but I've noticed that my washed denim are a hell of a lot softer than my raw denim.

Especially after starching and such. But that's my opinion. Not yours.

Quote:

Only when it's 102 damn degrees outside in FUCKING May. Godamn I hate, hate, hate Texas weather.

--- Original message by damnIam on May 1, 2006 10:34 AM

i hear ya brotherin.

last summer i tried to rock my nudies out in the texas sun everyday, and then i realised that if there ever is a good time to take a break from raw jeans, it is the summer.

chwa?