Jeans Stolen, ID my belt please

sevennus

My APCs were stolen out of a gym locker room today in Boston South End (more specifically, the South End Fitness Center at Boston Medical Center).

Things happen, and I should have kept a lock on that, but I can only assume that the thief was one of two people.

1) A denim aficionado, or

2) A man in desperate need of pants.

I think this because he took the CASH, Klipsch headphones, and a train ticket from my pocket and put it all back neatly on the top shelf of the locker before running off with my pants and belt. Weird, I know.

Funny thing is, I was holding off posting pics in the scones thread until they were ready to be retired, which would have been literally tomorrow, as I ordered a new pair on Friday. 1.5 years of hard-living. The things were fuckin haggard, man, you guys would have loved them.

What really upsets me is that they ran off with my belt. I had worn that thing for close to 5 years with 4 other pairs of dry denim. It was a gorgeous piece of leather, and I can't buy a new one because I forgot what brand it was. Here is a picture of it on some old Sammies.

belt.jpg

If anyone could help me out by IDing this belt, or even just recommending a similar one, I'd be pretty goddamned grateful.

From what I remember, I bought it at nordstroms around 4 years ago for like $50. it was wider than most belts, but not quite 2". (I'm thinking either 1 5/8 or more likely 1 3/4" wide.

Thanks,

Jim

My APCs were stolen out of a gym locker room today in Boston South End (more specifically, the South End Fitness Center at Boston Medical Center).

Things happen, and I should have kept a lock on that, but I can only assume that the thief was one of two people.

1) A denim aficionado, or

2) A man in desperate need of pants.

I think this because he took the CASH, Klipsch headphones, and a train ticket from my pocket and put it all back neatly on the top shelf of the locker before running off with my pants and belt. Weird, I know.

Funny thing is, I was holding off posting pics in the scones thread until they were ready to be retired, which would have been literally tomorrow, as I ordered a new pair on Friday. 1.5 years of hard-living. The things were fuckin haggard, man, you guys would have loved them.

What really upsets me is that they ran off with my belt. I had worn that thing for close to 5 years with 4 other pairs of dry denim. It was a gorgeous piece of leather, and I can't buy a new one because I forgot what brand it was. Here is a picture of it on some old Sammies.

belt.jpg

If anyone could help me out by IDing this belt, or even just recommending a similar one, I'd be pretty goddamned grateful.

From what I remember, I bought it at nordstroms around 4 years ago for like $50. it was wider than most belts, but not quite 2". (I'm thinking either 1 5/8 or more likely 1 3/4" wide.

Thanks,

Jim

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm afraid that I have no idea what kind of belt that was. But I can recommend Henry and the good folks at LGC www.leathergoodsconnection.com/ for a 1.75" belt. (As far as I can tell Tanner does not make belts over 1.5".) I have a nice bridle 1.75 belt from them as well as a long wallet and I am very satisfied with both of these products, which also were relatively inexpensive. They work well with my Samurais.

Seven sorry to hear about it. But you were in southy & at the BMC no less, Guarantee you might see someone wearing them or selling them by the Dunkin Donuts or out front. Only in Southy would someone steal your denim & leave your cash! At least it didn't happen in the middle of winter.

I believe you. +rep for the most awesomely faded pair of apc I have never seen. Unbe-fuckin-lievable!

maybe you could describe the fades in the evo thread?

But you were in southy & at the BMC no less, Guarantee you might see someone wearing them or selling them by the Dunkin Donuts or out front. Only in Southy would someone steal your denim & leave your cash! At least it didn't happen in the middle of winter.

Southie is South Boston, where they would have taken your $ and stabbed you for your troubles, but left the jeans.

The South End...different story. Prob a metrosexual in desperate need of some fabulous pre distressed denim to complete his outfit.;)

Sorry to hear about it though, tough loss

i would be more torn if i lost my belt of 5 years than any denims. shit is indestructable.

But take into account the "work" put into those jeans. Theoretically he put in more value into those jeans by improving on their aesthetics. Leather fades nicely over time but it can be worn with a lot different pants. It takes a bit of effort to wear the exact same par of jeans day in and day out for 1.5 years don't you think?