Rag & Bone Jeans

achong83

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should probably just wash them in the hottest possible water and then use a LOT of just regular car soap so you can get it super shiny. oh yeah by machine and use the roughest setting you can.

to make this thread more useful... can we just talk about Rag & Bone the denim?

SO... for the people that have bought the denim... is it worth the money?

I have respect for Rag&Bone especially after reading their backstory on how they saved some mill in North Carolina (Men's Vogue). I was about to buy rbw7-dark indigo wash (a skinny raw-looking but incredibly soft and lightweight jean made for women), but unloading near 270$ on one pair of jeans is more than I can honestly afford--especially on jeans I haven't done too much research on--thanks sufu!

Anyway, does anyone have any information on Rag & Bone or the link to a SuFu thread I missed already dedicated to Rag&Bone? Is Rag&Bone not talked about because it sucks or is unknown? What's up? :P

:o

i don't think anyone will say that rag and bones are "bad". It seems the attention on this board are to brands that provide a high contrast fade that i've yet to see from rag bone. Reading that article really want me to try them out again. I owned a pair of the RB15 for a hot minute, but they were much too might for my liking and the only other criticism was that the back pockets were too big. I might give them another shot now, thanks for the article.

i can attest to rag & bone's quality--i don't have a store that sells rag & bone near me, but i got to try on a pair of RB1 awhile back, and they are incredibly comfortable. their lined waistband is almost decadent, and their variety of cuts is excellent.

they receive much more attention on Styleforum, as does 5EP. no idea why, really.

i can attest to rag & bone's quality--i don't have a store that sells rag & bone near me, but i got to try on a pair of RB1 awhile back, and they are incredibly comfortable. their lined waistband is almost decadent, and their variety of cuts is excellent.

they receive much more attention on Styleforum, as does 5EP. no idea why, really.

Perhaps a little more love of the domestic over there, though I'm not sure why that'd be the case. As poly said, SuFu mostly talks about contrasty jeans.. RB/5EP do not show wear exceptionally quickly.

• 4 months later...

Can anyone

Anyone at all

Tell me whether http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod44250109&parentId=cat14470734&masterId=cat14100733&index=1&cmCat=cat000000cat000001cat000003cat14470731cat14100733cat14470734

those jeans are the selvage RB11's? I know they are RB11's due to the buttons on the waist, but I need to track down the selvage jeans, since they will be heavier and better for fall/winter

That doesn't look like their selvage denim (nor does it look that thick, not that all selvage denim is necessarily thick, which might also be an obstacle to your search) but you might call a NM store + ask...

You can tell denim thickness from those pics? Damn you're good.

They look a bit slim to be 11's, blank. This denim looks super streaky .

• 3 weeks later...

It doesn't seem it from all the sizes I've seen available. The jeans are now labeled without length measurements, only waist but, according to what I saw at Barney's, sizes up to 31 seem to bear a 32" inseam (except for 28 which has 30"), and any larger sizes have a 34" inseam. I don't get graduating the inseams, but I'm not tall so am not complaining...

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up some rb15's at a local store for $130.

If anyone's interested let me know and i'll look into sizes..

wouldn't mind supporting them; they've had to mark these down quite a bit.

Price would be 130 + shipping + any applicable paypal charges..not gonna take any profit on these

oh yeah, i picked up a sz.32x34

Nice slim fitting jeans, somewhat similar to the new prps fit / apc ns

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, i'm new here. i recently bought a pair of rag and bone rb16 jeans without really knowing what it was, and now i have a few questions to ask about it. is it raw? prewashed, preshrunk? will it shrink? is it selvedge? should i alter its length like i would with any other pair of jeans? thanks in advance!

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...