snowboarders get hate from skateboarders?

a real good percent of skateboarders need something to do in the winter, so they snowboard...theres not much an opportunity to hate because so many of em do it anyway.

snowboarding definitely bit a lot of skating stuff, making a lot of tricks seem way easier than they are. front blunts, for example...pop onto a rail and slide with it under your back foot. skating, however, theres a lot more involved locking in and coming out of em and whatnot, so thats really the only opportunity i can see for hate...snowboarders making skateboarding seem equal to it, because we all know how much skateboarding has on snowboarding.

BALDERDASH.

when i lived in Florida, i got a lot of flak from surfers there. this one bastard in my class would always say, "brah, when i'm surfing and i bail, i fall in the nice warm water; when you fall, dood, you hit the pavement".

it is stupid.

skaters are obviously more evolved. we grew wheels and rolled out of the ooze onto land.

ok, that's not fair. i can't swim.

Quote:

here's what I don't get. snowboarding is based directly on skateboarding. yet somehow snowboarding becomes an olympic sport first? I don't get it. Sure surfing started the whole thing, but skating and surfing are vastly different. skating and snowboarding,very similar.

--- Original message by Proletariat on Apr 11, 2006 07:17 PM

Skateboarding shouldn't be in the olympics. End of story.icon_smile_dissapprove.gif