INCEPTION (spoilers)

phen3N

if you were waiting for the top to fall that means one thing, if you weren't surprised nolan didn't show us what happened to it that probably means something else. I think the point of the movie is that you get to decide what any of it means if you want to, and if you don't there's plenty of slow mo and fighting and espionage shit to keep the general movie-goer from feeling like they didn't get what they paid for

just saw this movie and cant wade thru 12 pages but the opening scene and the ending scene imply repetition because they are both caught in limbo, correct?

this is why saito says "maybe we can meet again as young men..."

Honestly, I just got bored like an hour and a half into the movie. It sort of picked up again a bit before the end but it had pretty much already lost me by then. The 'action' scene in the snow was excruciating - it was like a bad True Lies.

but true lies was so good!

so inception's concept and some details were ripped off of an old scrooge comic?

-uses a device to access dreams

-burglers use device to incept scrooge's dream, to get a combination for his safe

-can't wake from dream or it would mean doom

-to wake from a dream requires falling = the kick

-dreamscapes change by dreamer

-unexpected vehicles!

http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/show.php?num=1&loc=D2002-033&s=date

you decide.

The only part I thought was a bit cheesy was the "kick" concept. Since the "kick" experienced that wakes one from dreaming is just a miscommunication between the body and the brain (the hypnagogic jerk), it can't really be brought on by outside stimulus. I'm sure someone has already posted a link, but anyone interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

That aside, I LOVED this film. The plot twists and complexities made Donnie Darko look like Dumb and Dumber.

so inception's concept and some details were ripped off of an old scrooge comic?

-uses a device to access dreams

-burglers use device to incept scrooge's dream, to get a combination for his safe

-can't wake from dream or it would mean doom

-to wake from a dream requires falling = the kick

-dreamscapes change by dreamer

-unexpected vehicles!

http://disneycomics.free.fr/Ducks/Rosa/show.php?num=1&loc=D2002-033&s=date

you decide.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was an elaborate hoax....either way....BRRRRMMMMM

inception-scrooge2.jpg

100 things i've learned about "inception":

1. you can always check if you're dreaming by killing yourself.

2. kissing doesn't fool someone's subconscious but it's worth a shot anyway.

3. christopher nolan’s action scenes are always boring. snow scene? *YAWN* just a bunch of dudes shooting at each other for what felt like an hour (i felt like i was in limbo while watching this).

Honestly, I just got bored like an hour and a half into the movie. It sort of picked up again a bit before the end but it had pretty much already lost me by then. The 'action' scene in the snow was excruciating - it was like a bad True Lies.

I can't respect a film director who thinks the world of dreams and the unconscious is made of 5 star hotels and James Bond vilain ice fortresses. This is the type of nerd movie made to generate hype and endless (useless) speculations.

I can't respect a film director who thinks the world of dreams and the unconscious is made of 5 star hotels and James Bond vilain ice fortresses. This is the type of nerd movie made to generate hype and endless (useless) speculations.

wait, really? you actually believe that nolan "thinks the world of dreams and the unconscious is made of 5 star hotels and James Bond vilain ice fortresses"?

you haven't thought that maybe making the movie this way was a financial reality of making a 'summer blockbuster'?

wait, really? you actually believe that nolan "thinks the world of dreams and the unconscious is made of 5 star hotels and James Bond vilain ice fortresses"?

you haven't thought that maybe making the movie this way was a financial reality of making a 'summer blockbuster'?

I'm not here to judge his lifestyle choices but the film I saw. Are you saying blockbusters have to suck so I can't be critical of them?

I'm not here to judge his lifestyle choices but the film I saw. Are you saying blockbusters have to suck so I can't be critical of them?

i am saying you cannot be critical of it with the same standards of a movie that has narrower appeal ie most of the """"indy""" movies people here watch. it has to have a broad appeal [whoa thats a big explosion! or whoa that is trippy i am high on weed and 17 (23 if you're a late bloomer) or whoa that is a fkin trippy idea i never thought that maybe i could be dreaming!!!!]

i am saying you cannot be critical of it with the same standards of a movie that has narrower appeal ie most of the """"indy""" movies people here watch. it has to have a broad appeal [whoa thats a big explosion! or whoa that is trippy i am high on weed and 17 (23 if you're a late bloomer) or whoa that is a fkin trippy idea i never thought that maybe i could be dreaming!!!!]

I certainly can, I'm not a group but one indivdual; that something has been made to appeal to many does not serve to make it better for me and is certainly not factored in. You are mistaking an explanation for a justification.

Also I know pretty high-minded movie dudes (cahier du cinéma writers or posse) that basically sucked Nolan's cock after Batman and I thought it sucked too.

Yeah, this is complete bullshit.