wrangler 13mwz

I have a pair of 936DEN that just passed the 4 month mark, and they're looking pretty nice (in my opinion). Nice whiskers, nice honeycombs, and the seat is fading nicely. Still unwashed, I'm not sure how they'll hold up after the first time.
could you possibly post a picture ???

i can agree with the other guy about living in texas and the only people that wear raw wranglers like that are the cowboys/wannabes. god, they look so weird bc the pockets are placed so high (cowboy cut, so when you ride your not sitting uncomfortably on your pocket and the stuff in your pockets) . . . and they are so high rise that they have that 'mom jean' effect haha

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I was looking for cheap dry denim, and the chase led me here. I already have a pair of Levi 501 STF's, and I'm looking to buy two more cheaper jeans on a student budget. From what I've heard, it seems like these are high rise up in your ass jeans. I usually buy a size up anyway so the fit is a little loose, but I don't know if it will work with these. But,

are 936DEN's or 13MWZ's looser in fit?

Just washed my 936DEN after 5 months. Turned out very nice in my opinion. Good fading on the thighs, well defined whiskers, bright wallet mark. The seat has faded nicely. Honeycombs aren't as defined as I would have liked, but they did fade (I've never seen any sort of honeycombs on vintage wranglers, so I consider this a success, although its more of an anomaly). All the creases have quickly redefined themselves, so they should continue to fade in the same way over time. The fit of 936DEN is much more inline with modern jean styling. The rise is fairly high, but its not such a huge deal. I was used to wearing some really beat up, low-rise PDCs from a few years ago when I switched to these, and the rise did bother me at first, but eventually the fly breaks in to the point where the rise is not very noticeable when you sit down, and when you stand up it makes your torso look longer (if you wear them a little low). If you want good fading though, be sure to starch the first month or two. As long as you don't wash them, that starch should last you long enough.

when i see cowboys in wranglers with the legs all bunched at the knees, i always laugh. it reminds me of the people that wear dior jeans and do the same thing at the ankles.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How can you remove the W on the backpockets and the leather patch? I don't want to be associated with cowboys.

why buy wranglers if you dont like the stitching and patch? i love the detailing on wranglers. the fit isnt that great. you will only look like a cowboy if you pair it with boots and a big hat.

why buy wranglers if you dont like the stitching and patch? i love the detailing on wranglers. the fit isnt that great. you will only look like a cowboy if you pair it with boots and a big hat.

I don't want people to focus on the branding but on the custom contrasting/honeycombs/whiskers.

Is it just a matter of pulling the pocket back and snipping the threads?

• 2 months later...

Im digging up this old thread from the tomb, instead of starting a new and catching the "search!" heat.

I´ve been thinking of getting a pair of raw 13mwz, but Im unsure of sizing and there isnt really any place to try them on around here. Im liking the idea of some rugged, traditional denim, instead of paying 10times more for japanese repros.

Im usually a 31-32 in jeans (Edwin nashville and such) (while for example Dickies 32 are too small) for them to sit at the hips ( i sag a wee bit). I want something like this fit for the Wranglers too. Should I size up, and in that case how much? Or should I just abandon the whole idea?

^^ superBobo ^^

Actually yesterday I went out and bought a pair of the 936DEN at a Westerware store for $18.88. My typical size is 36w 30l but in these I was forced to purchase a 38w 32l. After speaking to a few people - I found that these will shrink a little in the first wash. The idea I got from people is that they will shrink 1/2 in in the waist and maybe 1 in in the length. I also like to wear mine a little loose in the waist, hence the 38w vs the 36w. Ive worn the 13mwz before but never the 936den, so we will see how this works out. I am going to take some pictures of the new jean, then after I modify them a little, and then again after I rinse them once. I will tell you more about how they shrink then. I really like the detailing on the jeans, the bright copper rivets on the back pockets are classic, but I will be removing the "Wrangler" butt tag because in my experience, they end up falling off anyhow after alot of wear, and it will leave a weird un-faded square on your butt.

I hope this helps. If there are any specific questions let me know.

The 13mwz fits more true to my size because of the fact that I am pretty thick. The 13 has more room in the butt and thighs and seems to taper down to the knees and then just go straight leg from there. They call it "boot fit" which is not to be confused with "boot cut" which has a boot type flare at the bottom. I would say that if you are a thinner taller guy, you should go with the 936 and if you are going to hot wash them before wearing (which I suggest) then you should maybe size up one size and one length. The rise on the 13 is higher than the 936.

What are your actual measurements in inseam and waist?

Well, I kinda like a looser fit ( not skintight cowboy style, but not baggy either) , thats why I was thinking about the 13mwz, but its pretty difficult to know without trying them on unfortunatly. I just want a normal, somewhat sagging fit.

I mesured my waist or where I usually wear my jeans and it came out to 36" ! Really weird since I never seem to have any trouble with fitting into 32 waist (with 501 47 as exception...) maybe i mesured it wrong..

I would probably warm soak them before wear as normal with dry denim.

Im digging up this old thread from the tomb, instead of starting a new and catching the "search!" heat.

I´ve been thinking of getting a pair of raw 13mwz, but Im unsure of sizing and there isnt really any place to try them on around here. Im liking the idea of some rugged, traditional denim, instead of paying 10times more for japanese repros.

Im usually a 31-32 in jeans (Edwin nashville and such) (while for example Dickies 32 are too small) for them to sit at the hips ( i sag a wee bit). I want something like this fit for the Wranglers too. Should I size up, and in that case how much? Or should I just abandon the whole idea?

you can try on the repros at Weekday and Solo Norrmalmstorg.

super --

The 13 is going to have a little looser butt and fitted waist. The 936 is going to be fitted all over. What i suggestion is buy the 936 and size up like I did to get a looser fit but still not baggy ass and really high rise. Let me know what you decide. I will go home and measure the brand new ones I have after work and post the unwashed sizes, then post the washed sizes later when I get around to washing them.

Are you planning on leaving the plastic tag on, or removing?

washed mine once and threw them out. the rise was higher than any other jeans ive had, and after washing they shrunk a bit. color is much better raw than washed.

Yea I read way back in this thread the post-wash color sucked. welwell.

How did you size /wear them? we are pretty much same built, so some insight would be great.

Here are some photos of the 13MWZ's I've had for years. I got these way before I knew anything about denim. They have been washed countless times. I've really only worn them when I was working, but I wore them hard.

13mwzfrontcloseud8.jpg

13mwzfrontwx6.jpg

13mwzbackcloserr6.jpg

13mwzbackuf2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just picked up the 936den. I like them, but the fit very tight on me. They have stretched a bit though. I´d say they are small in the waist (i´d sized up if I know), and very slim around seat and thighs. I think Ill pic up a pair of 13 mwz too, since I really want a bit more antifit in my everyday jeans.