wrangler 13mwz

nice bump. go to your local rancher/western store, buy a pair for $0.75, and try it out.

raw wranglers are unsanforized, which means you shrink-to-fit them before wearing, and they will certainly stretch back out where needed.

^ disagree, wranglers (atleast 13MWZ and 27DEN) are sanforized. I've always experienced minimal shrinking.

The vintage pairs are a little nicer in terms of color IMO. The denim started out a little darker than the newish 'electric blue' ones.

They are pretty rare but if you can find vintage LHT wranglers, they are probably the best jeans you can get period IMO. I know repros exist, I don't have any experience w/ them though.

Sorry for the misinformation! The pair I tried on, which I do believe were 13MWZ, said "wash three times before wearing" on the inner tags, and I attributed this to being shrink-to-fit. Must be related to indigo transfer.

It's actually a pretty awesome cut if your thighs and calves aren't jacked or anything. Didn't remind me at all of the junior high Wranglers, I guess those kids were just buying them as tight as they possibly could.

yeah, there are wranglers and there are stranglers... most cowboys apply the APC principle to their wranglers. redneck chicks apparently dig this look. If I had a nickel for every time i've seen a 'wrangler butts drive me nuts' bumper sticker I could probably buy everyone on the forum a coke.

• 4 weeks later...

so as a soon to be college-graduate, my denim budget has shrank a bit unfortunately. Starting with Levis 501STFs in high school i moved through APC, PBJ, Samurai, regressed to Naked&Famous, and then got Samurai again (see pics of all of these but the latest samurai here: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=2238777&postcount=19255 )

For my latest pair of denim though, I have the $27 Wrangler 36 MWZ. After a soak and a day of wearing, I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by these jeans considering they cost less than the tax on my samurais. The denim is a 14.75 ounce ring spun cotton, broken twill. These have some nice details too, pocket rivets, big usable coin pocket, well stitched pocket bags, and a sturdy zipper. see pics below>>>

Here are some pics after a soak and 1 day:

Tag: tagz.jpg

Sorry for the darkness, but this is just here as a fit pic:

frontqu.jpg

Back Fitpic:

backzbw.jpg

Future whiskers Close up:

whiskers.jpg

Zipper Pull:

bootfi.jpg

Pocket bag:

pocketbag.jpg

Damn good deal for 27$ eh? what do you guys think

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, there doesn't seem to be a general thread for Blue Bell. This one seems to be the catchall.

I just copped a pair of dry "matt" off amazon. They had one in my size, 38, so that kind of clinched it. Didn't want to miss a chance to try the fit. Big guys aren't accomodated in this industry. it's a mystery to me. Big sizes get small runs and retailers always sell out fast. Where's the logic?

If they aren't selvedge they're going back right away. The pic shows copper rivets, which I believe indicates selvedge upgrades. Who knows what will show up though.

http://www.amazon.com/WRANGLER-BLUE-BELL-Mens-Beverly/dp/B005OPNZ8U/ref=sr_1_21?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1323202491&sr=1-21

Anyone else with a pair of these? When they arrive, I'll start a blue bell general thread if they work out.

don't all wranglers have those rivets? can't see the outseam so can't even begin to guess if they're selvedge and they actually used the selvedge line like levis does.

My problem with our sizes isn't a lack of availability, its the cuts used by the Japanese makers. There's all kinds of different models at BiG and self Edge that I'd like to try, but when I look at the measurements, they just won't work. Get the waist right, not enough rise. Get enough rise, the waist is at least 3" too big. IMO, a size 38 should never have less than 12 1/2" of front rise post shrink. Doesn't feel or look good.

I totally agree about the rise. Mid-rise is ideal for us. Evisu has the shit nailed with the 2001...everything else is hit-or-miss.

From what I've noticed about those rivets, it seems oe denim is paired with silvertone, and selvedge is paired with copper. it could be flawed observation.

The amazon inventory is selvedge. I found a webstore listing it as cone mills, but i don't know if it's true. i sent an email to wrangler about it.

This fit isn't going to work for me, so i'll be returning these. i took some photos for the thread since I have them in-hand. if anyone is interested in them, let me know soon because it was the last 38. i don't know how long it would take amazon to have this pair back in their quantities. probably ship them back tomorrow or sat.

The "matt" cut, size 38

(inches)

waist: 37.5

inseam: 33.5

f rise: 11.5

b rise: 14.75

thigh: 12-3/8" at 3" from crotch

knee: 10

leg opening: 9.5

Some nice details to be found, also some things lacking.

bb1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3.jpg

zipper is ykk

bb4.jpg

....no selvedge in the watch pocket

bb5.jpg

bb6b.jpg

The cross seam on the back pocket is oe

bb7.jpg

Hem stitching is horrible! Budget in a chainstitch if you get a pair of these.

The denim is a very light RHT. I don't know the exact weight, but it's similar to my 1944 lvc when new. So i would guess 10-12 oz. The surface does show nice irregularities and character for a singed and sanforized mid-priced pair. It wouldn't surprise me if it actually was loomed by Cone.

bb8.jpg

bb9.jpg

bb10.jpg

For my latest pair of denim though, I have the $27 Wrangler 36 MWZ. After a soak and a day of wearing, I have to say, I'm pretty impressed by these jeans considering they cost less than the tax on my samurais. The denim is a 14.75 ounce ring spun cotton, broken twill. These have some nice details too, pocket rivets, big usable coin pocket, well stitched pocket bags, and a sturdy zipper. see pics below>>>

Here are some pics after a soak and 1 day:

Tag:

Sorry for the darkness, but this is just here as a fit pic:

Back Fitpic:

Future whiskers Close up:

Zipper Pull:

Pocket bag:

Damn good deal for 27$ eh? what do you guys think

How is the rise compared to other Wranglers? What waist size did you get? What does it actually measure? TTS? Also, where did you get them raw like that? I've only seen them online in pre-washed denim.

Edited by bl@ster

^ it's a bit of a low rise. other fits i'd compare them to would be Nudie Straight Sven and RJB 105's. They're a touch slimmer through the leg, but very similar to those fits.

They're a 38, check the post for all the measurements. you can get other sizes at the amazon link above, or support the core sellers and go through cultizm. this is the only 38 i was able to find though. only reason i didn't buy from dejan.