wrangler 13mwz

The 13mwz is certainly a fuller cut. I prefer the way the 936den fits, just size up one in the waist.

You gotta love those exposed copper rivets in the back though!

• 1 month later...

since this is the only wrangler thread in the encyclopedia i am asking here. i dont know anything about wrangler but what is the history of these http://www.ware-house.co.jp/vintage/contents/015.html

i never knew that wrangler used an arcuate and wrangler wasnt under the lee umbrella at the time was it?

since this is the only wrangler thread in the encyclopedia i am asking here. i dont know anything about wrangler but what is the history of these http://www.ware-house.co.jp/vintage/contents/015.html

i never knew that wrangler used an arcuate and wrangler wasnt under the lee umbrella at the time was it?

Probably should ask PaulT. He's pretty much the expert on vintage American denim.

• 1 month later...

bumping this thread from the tomb.

Thought about starting a new thread, cause I couldn't find one on the Wrangler 945U, but it's not a jean that's been mentioned (that I could find) and I'm planning on getting a pair of 13MWZ soonish (didn't know I could just buy it from the US. People are selling that jean for $55AUD + shipping on Australian ebay. wtf, even with EMS from the US I can get that cheaper).

So the descriptor says "regular fit," so like an idiot, I buy it like a "regular" pair of raw denim (one size down). Absolutely could not button the front. Gave them a cold soak to get some of the starch out (yellow water) and then gave it an overnight stretch with the old bakertowne waist stretcher (these jeans are unreal - the waist stretcher almost broke in half) It says 14.5oz denim, but it feels thick enough to stop bullets. Even with the stretching, I can barely button my waist up, and right now its crushing my nuts. So anyway, my question to everyone is... has anyone ever owned a pair of these, and do you think these would eventually stretch out. I'm going to tough it out for a few more days then probably give them up to charity (got these really cheap).

bumping this thread from the tomb.

Thought about starting a new thread, cause I couldn't find one on the Wrangler 945U, but it's not a jean that's been mentioned (that I could find) and I'm planning on getting a pair of 13MWZ soonish (didn't know I could just buy it from the US. People are selling that jean for $55AUD + shipping on Australian ebay. wtf, even with EMS from the US I can get that cheaper).

So the descriptor says "regular fit," so like an idiot, I buy it like a "regular" pair of raw denim (one size down). Absolutely could not button the front. Gave them a cold soak to get some of the starch out (yellow water) and then gave it an overnight stretch with the old bakertowne waist stretcher (these jeans are unreal - the waist stretcher almost broke in half) It says 14.5oz denim, but it feels thick enough to stop bullets. Even with the stretching, I can barely button my waist up, and right now its crushing my nuts. So anyway, my question to everyone is... has anyone ever owned a pair of these, and do you think these would eventually stretch out. I'm going to tough it out for a few more days then probably give them up to charity (got these really cheap).

i brought mine size 29 waist and now stretch to 31 waist, so i'll say it stretch

Is there somewhere is NYC that sells the 936DEN or other slim cut Wranglers in smaller waist sizes?

I already checked out Dave's Army and Navy but they only had the classic cowboy cut.

Edit:

these "spencers" look alright too but all the places I have found online are sold out of smaller sizes

http://www.oipolloi.com/store/Wrangler-SpencerDryIndigo-1030.html#

since the beginning, i just want to wear them and carefree abt them and i want them to turn to light blue with contrast of fading. After the first soak , it turn to a cheap color just like what you will see on most of them but i think i am used to it now, and no one care here in texas.

fatty

they isnt doing much at all... Im getting weirded out by the electric blue in sunlight, so i I dont really wear them! But it dissapeard in the first soak? And you like the color better now?

halixnu

where did you buy the gold slim fits?

on another note, I soaked my 936den for the first time yesterday and wore them while damp. the fit is now alot better (except for the dreaded knee bulge) and color a little darker. Will probably post some pics soon.

had to special order from my local wrangler dealer (some western cowbow shop). http://www.rentonww.com/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember seeing and auction for some wranglers with the model name super lean. I've only seen two auctions for them and it looks like nobody hear has metioned them either so I guess they aren't that popular. Anyone know about these jeans, or where to get them? Im guessing they're the slimmest that wrangler made. I'd really like to get a hold of a pair if they are in fact skinny with at the most a 7 inch hem, something like the new cures but without stacking

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...