Hey, I am doing this project that has to be in varying medias so for one I thought I would do a picture. I do not know much about photography but have been trying to get a good shot or two over the past few days. If some of you guys could look at these which I already picked over and tell me which is best it would be great. Here is the gallery

edit: just reviewed all my shots and found another one that needs an opinion

Thanks!

s0than- love the 2nd shot

ssheat- wow, good stuff.

lowrider- san fran/vegas...two of my fave cities in the world (not that ive been to a lot, but w/e) 1st vegas shot is trippy as hell.

sidneylo- night photography (esp skylines/cityscapes) never ceases to amaze me. love the shot!!

asher- crazy dof. still cant figure out what it is. haha

Anyways, here's my only "somewhat decent" shot from my 24hr stay in vegas sometime this August.

Wish I had more time there/more practice @ night photography.

Any C/C is appreciated. : )

To view large:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3933201597_8a183e88b2_b.jpg

3933201597_8a183e88b2.jpg

I'm having trouble deciding between the 35 and 85L. Is there anyone here who has used both and can comment on how the IQ and usability of the two lenses compares?

I have both and they are both great lenses. For portraits and available light candids the 85L is great. I shoot FF so the 35 is not near as versatile on a crop or smaller sensor but its the one lens I could shot almost everything with if pressed to do so.

I got to handle one yesterday, unfortunately I didn't get to shot with it. It made me sad that I had to walk out without it. (and that I won't be getting one anytime soon).