Buying Used / Worn Denim????

dakine46

i bought a pair of apc petite standard and they are used.

they are unwashed and have been worn for about 2 months, but they still look pretty new.. not much stretching, creasing, or fading, just the denim is a little softer.

since i purchased them from a stranger, i want to sanitize / disinfect them.

however, i cannot wash them, right? otherwise, if\t won't wear / crease as well, right?

so what should i do? i'm sort of a germaphobe

what's the best way to disinfect / sanitize without washing / soaking?

I've seen a big sort of oven thing that you put jeans in and it kills bacteria without washing. from your signature you're in LA and I've got a feeling I heard that somewhere there has one (American Rag?). this is just a vague memory of hearing it somewhere though (never been to LA!). If I was you I'd just hand wash them though...

how the fuck are you a germaphobe and wanting to get into raw jawns? You realize most of us wear our shits for months at a time without washing? The least of your worries is someone's sweat. Just dry clean them shits.

I've seen a big sort of oven thing that you put jeans in and it kills bacteria without washing. from your signature you're in LA and I've got a feeling I heard that somewhere there has one (American Rag?). this is just a vague memory of hearing it somewhere though (never been to LA!). If I was you I'd just hand wash them though...

thanks! i'll call them and find out. do you know what it's called?

but if i wash them, won't they won't make the creases as well? i won't have a good result, right?

how the fuck are you a germaphobe and wanting to get into raw jawns? You realize most of us wear our shits for months at a time without washing? The least of your worries is someone's sweat. Just dry clean them shits.

thanks for your reply.

yeah i know.. won't dry cleaning them affect my final result once i wash them etc after wearing for 6 mos minimum?

your best bet is probably to steam them, i think most dry cleaners have steamers or you could buy a steamer yourself. That will give them a decent clean but not affect the denim in anyway...

steam won't mess with the dye at all? isn't that sort of like washing them in water?