Does the LVC Sizing seem Ridiculously Small to You too?

aipume

I bought a LVC online via the Levi store. it was a 1947 washed LVC (still on sale) and when I saw it I knew I couldnt fit in it. The waist was VERY small. I actually ordered a 32 size when I normally wear 30 in all other jeans and it was soo small I couldnt button up the buttons.

Wondering if anyone had similar experiance...

exactly my problem. i would have to wear a 34 in LVC when i wear 30 in most jeans. i never owed a pair of Levi 47 Repros though so is the sizing all like that or is it just screwed up for LVCs? I do wear Nudies Diesels etc. in size 30 though.

i ran a search on this in the forum and didnt find anything substantial myself.

yeah i hear you Witts. im just almost appalled at how it could possibly shrink down like the equivalent of 4-5 sizes down considering its technically a size 32 with a (28 in) actual waist.

im just wondering for those that buy sugarcanes. if you wore a nudie diesel or whatever in size 30 do you typically go the same size? i read ring ring recommended that. a few others also said to get a bigger size. ah the dilema!

I have a pair of lvc 1947xx deadstock jeans I got about six months ago. I am around a true size 30 or 31 waist, and I bought a size 33 waist in these jeans. They were crazy-tight at first, but have since stretched out to a comfortable waist size (I don't need to wear a belt). However, I probably can't wash them because the waist will be too tight and the inseam length (size 32) will be too short after shrinking as well. Dry clean or never wash, those are my options.

I think most repro brands fit like LVC is supposed to (ie, a 34 waist measures about 34" when totally raw, and shrinks to about 32") .. however, Sugarcane shrinks to tag size, so a sz. 34 Cane will be about 35-36" when raw and shrink to 34".

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Back when Levi's sold only unwashed jeans, they were measured in their unwashed, natural state, as you would expect. You wash them, and they shrink one or two inches in the waist. That's why there's a card on every pair of unwashed Levi's telling you how to properly size.

Also, you're used to brands that vanity size. Diesel and such say they're a 30 when they're really a 32. That's why you're seeing such a big jump.

Three points. One, of course all LVC are shrink to fit, so when buying a dry pair you should go one size (two inches) up for the waist. Two, 1947 501s are sizedm smaller ast the waist than other LVC - 34W might actually be 33, whereas I've had 1933 pairs in a 34W that measured 35 pre-shrinkage. So 34W 1947 501s could well end up measuring 31 after washing.

LAstly, there are differences in sizing from year to year; i've noticed some of the washed jeans, in particular, are sized quite small.

• 4 months later...

Is this true for all LVCs, I only have a bit of experience with the 66's. I am looking at a 1900 style jean, not just LVC, and the lack of belt loops is making me wonder what would be the best fit. I wear what would be a 35 so should I consider a 34, or a 36.

im just wondering for those that buy sugarcanes. if you wore a nudie diesel or whatever in size 30 do you typically go the same size? i read ring ring recommended that. a few others also said to get a bigger size. ah the dilema!

I wear size 31 for RRDS (Would easily fit into a 30 also) and 32 for the sugarcanes 47. The sugarcanes waist is perfect for me.