ETERNAL 811 Contest 10/10/10 - 12/12/12

beatle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

is it me or is this happening to other guys here as well..

it seems that my jeans got into a stale state.. I don't see much more fading for the past 4 months aside from the growing rips, tears and holes

ah long, beautiful progress on your jeans! I was searching through the old posts and came across this one. Do you still find that that is the case? That they reach a kind of plateau? I'm asking because I feel like I've reached that with my pair (not in contest). My last wash was in Feb and since then, they don't look like they are fading into a more "contrasty" fade but rather into a dull over-all fade. And they are literally falling apart at the seams.

I still believe the jeans have somehow plateaued, and that is the reason why my last update was about half a year ago..

over this half a year, I have only washed it once. It faded a bit more but it's very different than the first year.

I see this last year as a refining stage if there's actually such a thing. And yes, they're falling apart everywhere.

Mine had a solid crotch blowout while I was travelling last week, I'll drop them off this weekend for repairs. They've entered this great phase where I'm really in love with them, but they can't stay together for the life of them.

Thank you Maynard! I'm really glad to hear that!

I'm curious of all the other participants jeans, how many are still wearing the 811?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are currently at Self Edge, waiting for pick up. I was actually told that I'm basically not allowed to wear them anymore cause the crotch is so thin. I'll post pictures when I get them back.

Thanks ranonranonarat, I have to thank the guys at Self Edge for basically all of that. I put them on the other day and felt like the entire crotch was just thread, so I'm not sure how much more I can wear them, which is a bit of a bummer.