petition for current events and politics board on SF

since minya doesnt want us to talk about anything not related to his jeans on here, im wondering who supports the creation of a section for discussing politics, current events, and the like. i feel that this community has the intellegence and self control to keep it civil and interesting, even enlighening, so why should we have to keep it to ourselves? anyone who is with me here just post and show them the desire to have it.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

Quote: since minya doesnt want us to talk about anything not related to his jeans on here, im wondering who supports the creation of a section for discussing politics, current events, and the like.
Actually no, it wasn't me, genius.

If you have a problem with that rule, talk to the owner of this website. I don't own it.

Edited by minya on Apr 1, 2006 at 09:05 AM

id love to, but id also like to know that i have support of other members before i do. i do apoligise if you took offense, but you are the most vocal representitive of the owner and thats why i used your name. pm me with the owners email and if this gets sufficent support then i will talk to him/her and present my case.

i do agree with getting rid of inflamatory posts and subjects as they do nothing to further understanding and discussion. i also know that there are other sites that have these kind of discussions. but i feel that superfuture is a distinct(SHIT, MAYBE SPECIAL) site that has a group of diverse and interesting people and could produce discussions that are just as diverse and ineresting.

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life

I think it's a great idea. I find alot of the non-fashion and non-flamewar dialogue that derails threads really interesting sometimes. I don't know how the owners would feel about it as it probably would not benefit them at all.

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Not counting that it potentially strays wide of the original superfuture/talk brief, I agree that a distinct general discussion section would be great, cos there's plenty of life outside denim, WYWT and Bape hating. But some people would abuse it and soon enough it'd get proper chaotic.

Quote:

^^ good tip....I think I am going to pick up the new APC x Nathan Bedford Forrest jeans, soooo nice.....

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Apr 3, 2006 02:13 PM

you know whats fucked up, theres a high school here in town named after forrest.

Quote:
Quote:

^^ good tip....I think I am going to pick up the new APC x Nathan Bedford Forrest jeans, soooo nice.....

you know whats fucked up, theres a high school here in town named after forrest.

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 4, 2006 08:18 AM

There are schools named after several American presidents who were slave owners as well. Not to mention several libaries. , and for Christ sake our Nations capital. It was a different time and Forrest was a great American and deserving of any honor bestowed upon him, just like Jefferson and Washington. By the way, I graduated from Robert E. Lee Highschool (General Lee was not an orange car).

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by cheapmuthafukr on Apr 4, 2006 08:18 AM

There are schools named after several American presidents who were slave owners as well. Not to mention several libaries. , and for Christ sake our Nations capital. It was a different time and Forrest was a great American and deserving of any honor bestowed upon him, just like Jefferson and Washington. By the way, I graduated from Robert E. Lee Highschool (General Lee was not an orange car).

--- Original message by damnIam on Apr 4, 2006 08:34 AM

theres a difference between slaveowners and the man who started the kkk. especially presidents who did more for the country than burn crosses and lynch people

Quote: theres a difference between slaveowners and the man who started the kkk. especially presidents who did more for the country than burn crosses and lynch people

My man, I think you may need to look into your history; Forrest, as stated by Damnlam was a crucial figure in the Civil War who used personal funds to help supply Confederate troops whilst fighting alongside them. Whether or not you agree with what went on in the Civil War, there is no denying that he was a very important figure and is still known today as one of the greatest American military leaders of all time. In terms of the KKK, Forrest supposedly left the organization when they turned extremely violent around 1868, so no, he did not make the organization to lynch people, but rather to stop the Congressional reconstruction of the South. He WAS a very important man.

But either way, I know the thread is going to get locked, he heh...

Edited by englandmj7 on Apr 4, 2006 at 10:39 AM

ph-axl113.jpg

"What we've got here is failure to

communicate.

Some men you just can't reach...

So, you get what we had here last week,

which is the way he wants it!

Well, he gets it!

N' I don't like it any more than you men." *

Look at your young men fighting

Look at your women crying

Look at your young men dying