petition for current events and politics board on SF

Look at the Current Events forum at the other SF--a mess with a bunch of lawyers and professionals arguing and flaming away.

That won't happen here with a bunch of high school and college aged students though. They obviously are above that.

Guest jmatsu

i don't see why not.

obviously current events, politics, & environment affect the collections of many, if not all designers/houses.

i would love additional material, besides the usual waywt fodder.

Guest jmatsu
NO, nobody ever changes their opinion on the internet, conversly plenty of people are more than willing to spout off crap on the internet, this means most politics forums are an abject faliure

the same applies for clothing posts/threads and all the fashion industy talk on sufu.

NO, nobody ever changes their opinion on the internet, conversly plenty of people are more than willing to spout off crap on the internet, this means most politics forums are an abject faliure

People most certainly do change their opinions on the internet.

I am fully certain that 50% of this board was wearing bootcut Paper Denim and Cloth jeans, and Diesel hoodies before they explored the site. Now they're beasting over the next CYC sale in their Flatheads and Visvims.

That's different you say? Because they hadn't heard of these brands right? Well, plenty of muffs haven't heard intelligent opinions. When they do, they might rethink their stance.

:D

Interestingly professionals are more apt to create drama.

I don't even read the "Current events, etc." thread on Styleforum. Browsing over stuff is one thing, but having to write an extensive defense of your viewpoints to any post you ever make that is politics-related is time consuming. If it's something I am ridiculously passionate about (very few things) I may get involved, but most of the time I try to avoid it all together.

Either way, I don't care if there's a politics board on Superfuture, as I would rarely visit it........

I don't even read the "Current events, etc." thread on Styleforum. Browsing over stuff is one thing, but having to write an extensive defense of your viewpoints to any post you ever make that is politics-related is time consuming. If it's something I am ridiculously passionate about (very few things) I may get involved, but most of the time I try to avoid it all together.

Either way, I don't care if there's a politics board on Superfuture, as I would rarely visit it........

It's sometimes quite entertaining: personal insults, racial slurs, anti-Semitic gestures, and a general gratituous flinging of remarks.

That won't happen here with a bunch of high school and college aged students though. They obviously are above that.

What's the worst that could happen? The professionals/lawyers school the hs and college kids (pun not intended)? i'm sure theres some econ/US politics/world politics major that would have something valuable to contribute.

Anyone who doesn't care wouldn't bother going to the politics forum anyway, i don't see why not.

What's the worst that could happen? The professionals/lawyers school the hs and college kids (pun not intended)? i'm sure theres some econ/US politics/world politics major that would have something valuable to contribute.

Anyone who doesn't care wouldn't bother going to the politics forum anyway, i don't see why not.

I remember people (economists, lawyers, et al.) were banned for making comments like how Jewish men were generally greedy people with large noses and over-sexed appetites; and how someone wished they could plant a bomb in a member's tent; the member was a solider in Iraq.