Nudie Jeans

arcanum

I had these jeans for 3 months, and my mom accidentally threw them in the wash last summer. I waited a little more than a full year until I took them into the Atlantic Ocean for their second. I like how they are turning out.

Pre-Wash

IMG_7759.jpg

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

----------------------------------------------

Washing Method

IMG_7777.jpg

Post-Wash

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

I had these jeans for 3 months, and my mom accidentally threw them in the wash last summer. I waited a little more than a full year until I took them into the Atlantic Ocean for their second. I like how they are turning out.

Pre-Wash

IMG_7759.jpg

IMG_7762.jpg

IMG_7764.jpg

IMG_7765.jpg

Washing Method

IMG_7777.jpg

Post-Wash

IMG_7798.jpg

IMG_7799.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7803.jpg

SH*T dude, that's the best GTDDO I ever saw!!

do you have another pic before wash?? too bad still can't rep...

1) Washing:

* Wash your jean inside out. Use a net if you want to. Close the zipper.

* Wash your jeans between 30 and 60 degrees. The hotter you wash the more contrast will result (and the more the denim may shrink).

* Use less detergent with no bleach.

* Spin cycle slowly.

* Don't use a dryer.

* Leave your jeans hang drying, best outside. If needed, stretch the inseam while the jean is still damp.

2) Soaking:

* Soak your jean in cold or handwarm water for a while. You can add vinegar or salt to avoid too much indigo loss. Leave your jeans hang drying, best outside. Sunlight will add a bleaching effect.

3) Washing or not?

* Dirt, sweat and dust weakens the denim, stiffness also favors rips. If you wear your denim hard and for a long time (6 months+) without washing, the more contrast they'll get, but the denim gets weaker.

* If you wash your denim early (after the first significant wear signs appear!!!), the progress still goes on, but the look gets softer and more vintage-like. Washing is healthy for the denim and prevent rips. "So if you want your denim to last you should wash your denim often." (Takashi Fukuda, owner of Denim Works).

And no, you've done nothing wrong.

Guest theazn48
1) Washing:

* Wash your jean inside out. Use a net if you want to. Close the zipper.

* Wash your jeans between 30 and 60 degrees. The hotter you wash the more contrast will result (and the more the denim may shrink).

* Use less detergent with no bleach.

* Spin cycle slowly.

* Don't use a dryer.

* Leave your jeans hang drying, best outside. If needed, stretch the inseam while the jean is still damp.

2) Soaking:

* Soak your jean in cold or handwarm water for a while. You can add vinegar or salt to avoid too much indigo loss. Leave your jeans hang drying, best outside. Sunlight will add a bleaching effect.

3) Washing or not?

* Dirt, sweat and dust weakens the denim, stiffness also favors rips. If you wear your denim hard and for a long time (6 months+) without washing, the more contrast they'll get, but the denim gets weaker.

* If you wash your denim early (after the first significant wear signs appear!!!), the progress still goes on, but the look gets softer and more vintage-like. Washing is healthy for the denim and prevent rips. "So if you want your denim to last you should wash your denim often." (Takashi Fukuda, owner of Denim Works).

And no, you've done nothing wrong.

how much salt or vinegar would you use for a soak? and also how long should you leave your jeans in the water for?

Did you sandpaper your backpocket(the one with the rectangular object in it? It does not match the lack of wear on the rest of your jeans.
its just something that sticks out more than his wallet and has sharper edges so the edges of it rub and wear harder

likewise with the zippo in his watch pocket

no i didn't, just like shark jacobs says it is an object that has a sharp edge,which is metal ciggy box, and yes my zippo is in coin pocket..

Guest theazn48
You leave the denim just bathing in the water. No mechanical or chemical (detergent) treatments. It's more gentle ans a lot more "vintage"...:P

hahah alright sick. ill try that tonight. does it help to walkk around in yourjeans while they're still wet? thanks

1)

* Soak your jean in cold or handwarm water for a while. You can add vinegar or salt to avoid too much indigo loss.

Forget the salt or vinegar. This is noob folklore.

VInegar will NOT set the dye - search here for posts by ringring and others. Vinegar is used in the dyeing process for animal fibres, NOT for plant fibres. It probably won't do any harm, but there is absolutely no point. Salt will make little difference, too.

AS for washing your jeans normally, ie not inside out, the only difference is you sometimes get slight lines - many people like that, it's a more vintage look, from the time when people didn't obsess so much about washing jeans and actually did stuff in them.

VInegar will NOT set the dye - search here for posts by ringring and others. Vinegar is used in the dyeing process for animal fibres, NOT for plant fibres. It probably won't do any harm, but there is absolutely no point. Salt will make little difference, too.

AS for washing your jeans normally, ie not inside out, the only difference is you sometimes get slight lines - many people like that, it's a more vintage look, from the time when people didn't obsess so much about washing jeans and actually did stuff in them.

I agree totally with you, I only summed up the most known wash guidelines. I don't believe in vinegar too...:rolleyes:

yea, I thought that the dirt is in the outside part, that's why I washed them normally, not inside out, so the thing that we will get with washing it not inside out is more vintage look (not too contrast) is that what you mean?

yea, I thought that the dirt is in the outside part, that's why I washed them normally, not inside out, so the thing that we will get with washing it not inside out is more vintage look (not too contrast) is that what you mean?

I believe he means creases will set during the wash and when exposed to the washing machine they will fade slightly, if you ever had a pair of 501's or something dark like that when you were a kid and you washed them alot, kind of like that.

Guest theazn48

i just gave my slim jim aged organic drys their first soak at 6 months. 40 minutes in lukewarm water. not very much fading going on cuz most of that time was spent in a classroom lol. here are some pics:

before:

2ilefdt.jpg

16ie6au.jpg

after:

2vcuq87.jpg

dhagw1.jpg

To anybody with TFOEEs:

I tried on a pair at the store (29x34) and they were TIGHT. I could button & zipper them up pretty easily, but everything else was pretty damn snug. Question: How much will they stretch? I would've tried a 30, but there were none in stock. Should I stick with the 29s and hope for stretching or play it safe and get the 30s? For reference, my best fit jean that weren't too tight would be my APC NS in 29.

I am planning to buy some Nudies. I want a fit that is similar to my APC NS which is a size 26.

What type of Nudie would be best and what size should I pick: thin finn, grim tim, or slim jim? Note: I am personally not a fan of the side stripes on the slim jim.

Also, should I be buying my normal length or should i go up 2 inches because of shrinking/stacking?

I guess Slim Jim would be the closest . I have a pair of Even Steven and it stretched a lot compared to my Apc NS. But i would get a second opinion