For upwards of $250, what is it you expect to see in a pair of jeans?

Edge_Of_Denim

... A 10 year warranty :P

...but cereal, i'd like to see some nice detailing and craftmanship.....like selvaged seams...and durable stitching...interesting inner pocket material is also nice....but i think the price of jeans should reflect how much effort was put into making them...if they required alot of time and effort to build...then theyll cost alot of dough....however, alot of the time big brand name jeans are made with cheap overseas labour...chalk another one up to capitalism i guess...

I don't know if i'm being anal doing this, but i always ask for a new pair of that particular pair of jeans, and check all the seams, rivets, buttons etc quite thoroughly. A very commonsense thing, i guess, but i know many who don't bother to do such checks and have to go through the hassle of returns and all that.

In no particular order:

Fit.

Quality of construction.

Quality of denim.

Lame-ass pocket stitching as noted above, like the nudie's, can be easily removed, so that's not really an issue for me. I like the fit of the RRDS a lot and removing the orange jungle on the back makes wearing nudie bearable, that's an understatement.

whatever..

Quote:

I'm with you completely on the silly back pocket stitching, g'rep, that is a straight-up deal breaker. If not China, would Taiwan be acceptable? I have a hunch you guys are being facetious about the silver patch but if you're not then I say "Be afraid, be very afraid".

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 28, 2006 04:27 PM

it's more a matter of cost to produce rather than a slight to chinese construction.

Happy to pay almost anything for quality.

Would never pay for a designer label, just for the sake of it.

For example, what Dior, Helmut Lang and Marc Jacobs are charging for their jeans is simply charging for the name (in my opinion) which is fine if thats your thing, but not mine.

In the same breath, I am willing to pay for something like an LVC repro (by whatever brand) or whatever, because I judge them to be quality finish, will last well, and transcend current fashions.

Quote:

You can do returns in S'pore?

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Mar 28, 2006 11:13 AM

why not?

what i do:

go to store

act like i'm the richest person around

scold everyone for the poor quality of their bullshit.

demand an exchange on the same item, or my money back

if not, threaten to write to the papers/call their head office.

usually works. : P

i'm a fucker, i know. but i'm super anal abt my clothes also man. like if the seamstress doesnt do the job proper, i'll keep making her re-do it till i'm happy.

punk me, bitch.